MILPITAS, Calif., Aug. 22, 2013 - SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, today announced it has completed its acquisition of SMART Storage Systems, a developer of enterprise solid state drives based on the SATA and SAS storage protocols.
With the completion of the acquisition, SMART Storage Systems is being combined with SanDisk's Enterprise Storage Solutions, which will be led by John Scaramuzzo. John has been the President of SMART Storage Systems and is a veteran of the storage industry with more than 25 years of experience at Seagate, Maxtor, Quantum and Digital Equipment Corporation. John assumes the role of senior vice president, enterprise storage solutions, reporting to Sanjay Mehrotra, president and chief executive officer.
"I am delighted to welcome the employees of SMART Storage Systems to SanDisk and to build upon our momentum in the enterprise storage market," said Mehrotra. "This acquisition enables SanDisk to address a large market opportunity in enterprise SATA products, and complements our strong enterprise SAS product portfolio. With this combination, SanDisk will have enterprise SSDs qualified with six of the top seven storage OEMs worldwide."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' trailer actually looks kinda fun
- Sony developing smart contact lenses with life recording
- Hitman patch lets DirectX 12 users play again
- Apple Music rumored to receive interface overhaul this summer
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience