MILPITAS, Calif., Aug. 22, 2013 - SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, today announced it has completed its acquisition of SMART Storage Systems, a developer of enterprise solid state drives based on the SATA and SAS storage protocols.
With the completion of the acquisition, SMART Storage Systems is being combined with SanDisk's Enterprise Storage Solutions, which will be led by John Scaramuzzo. John has been the President of SMART Storage Systems and is a veteran of the storage industry with more than 25 years of experience at Seagate, Maxtor, Quantum and Digital Equipment Corporation. John assumes the role of senior vice president, enterprise storage solutions, reporting to Sanjay Mehrotra, president and chief executive officer.
"I am delighted to welcome the employees of SMART Storage Systems to SanDisk and to build upon our momentum in the enterprise storage market," said Mehrotra. "This acquisition enables SanDisk to address a large market opportunity in enterprise SATA products, and complements our strong enterprise SAS product portfolio. With this combination, SanDisk will have enterprise SSDs qualified with six of the top seven storage OEMs worldwide."
Latest News Posts
- Fractal Design announces its new Define S chassis
- Sony's upcoming Android-powered 4K TVs will launch in May
- Journey to the 'Enchanted Kingdom' in our BBC Blu-ray giveaway
- WB signs massive multi-picture tentpole deal with IMAX through to 2020
- 'Independence Day 2' welcomes back President Whitmore and Dr. Okun
- be quiet! Silent Base 800 Full-Tower Chassis Review
- New Bios version adjusts SIO setting. What is SIO????
- C2550D4I won't boot
- Intel Series version in GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard?
- Etekcity RoverBeats T12 Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Speaker Review
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X
- ViewSonic Introduces New Line of Ultra HD Monitors
- Rapoo Announces VPRO V800 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces GR6 Gaming Desktop