HighPoint unveils Hardware RAID Solutions for Storage Applications that require Point-To-Point connectivity and 6Gb/s transfer performance. One size does not always fit all - the demand for cost-effective direct-attached hardware RAID solutions is now stronger than ever before. SAS-based hardware RAID remains the solution of choice, but the high-cost of entry, and a feature set that favors expansive storage configurations is often at odds with the needs of SMB's and media professionals. Why pay SAS prices for applications that depend on SATA Storage?
Many SMB's are faced with the following dilemma - I/O intensive applications that require the consistent performance and security only hardware RAID can provide, but faced with the sky-high costs associated with conventional SAS-based host-RAID solutions. Again, the question arises: why invest in costly SAS storage and expansion hardware when the target application's is satisfied with direct-attached, point-to-point solution? Today's 6Gb/s SATA storage devices deliver the capacity, performance and reliability necessary to meet the demands of a growing range of professional storage applications, such as HD video editing and post production, video streaming, SMB servers and media workstations. HighPoint understands the needs of this market, and has unveiled a new HBA series that addresses this problem - affordable 6Gb/s hardware RAID solutions: the RocketRAID 362x HBA series.
RocketRAID 362x Series RAID-on-Chip HBA's
HighPoint 6Gb/s SATA RAID-on-Chip HBA's deliver the stability, performance and reliability you expect from a hardware RAID solution, yet offer significant cost savings over 6Gb/s SAS host RAID HBA's.
RocketRAID 362x series HBA's are ideal for storage applications that utilize cost-effective, high-capacity 6G/s SATA hard drives but require the performance advantages and superior reliability that only true hardware RAID can provide.
RocketRAID 362x HBA's utilize a dedicated RAID-on-Chip processor and 512MB of DDR3 cache, which offload all RAID related processing from the host system, freeing up valuable resources and ensuring consistent, high-speed data transfer. Dual-Mini-SAS ports directly support up to 8 6Gb/s SATA devices and up to 32 TB of storage.
A comprehensive management suite delivers a wide-selection of storage monitoring, maintenance and recovery features to help secure mission critical data from the risks of hardware failure.
The dual Mini-SAS ports deliver true, uncompromised 6Gb/s transfer bandwidth for each of the 8 device channels - ideal for large-scale RAID configurations comprised of 6Gb/s SATA HDD's.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google preparing 'Pixel 3' laptop with new Andromeda OS
- iPhone 7 owners drill hole to find hidden headphone jack
- Google's 4K-ready Chromecast Ultra teased at just $69
- Microsoft rumored to launch Surface Phone in 2017
- Conjur up a free Blu-ray in our 'Conjuring 2' giveaway!
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now