HighPoint unveils Hardware RAID Solutions for Storage Applications that require Point-To-Point connectivity and 6Gb/s transfer performance. One size does not always fit all - the demand for cost-effective direct-attached hardware RAID solutions is now stronger than ever before. SAS-based hardware RAID remains the solution of choice, but the high-cost of entry, and a feature set that favors expansive storage configurations is often at odds with the needs of SMB's and media professionals. Why pay SAS prices for applications that depend on SATA Storage?
Many SMB's are faced with the following dilemma - I/O intensive applications that require the consistent performance and security only hardware RAID can provide, but faced with the sky-high costs associated with conventional SAS-based host-RAID solutions. Again, the question arises: why invest in costly SAS storage and expansion hardware when the target application's is satisfied with direct-attached, point-to-point solution? Today's 6Gb/s SATA storage devices deliver the capacity, performance and reliability necessary to meet the demands of a growing range of professional storage applications, such as HD video editing and post production, video streaming, SMB servers and media workstations. HighPoint understands the needs of this market, and has unveiled a new HBA series that addresses this problem - affordable 6Gb/s hardware RAID solutions: the RocketRAID 362x HBA series.
RocketRAID 362x Series RAID-on-Chip HBA's
HighPoint 6Gb/s SATA RAID-on-Chip HBA's deliver the stability, performance and reliability you expect from a hardware RAID solution, yet offer significant cost savings over 6Gb/s SAS host RAID HBA's.
RocketRAID 362x series HBA's are ideal for storage applications that utilize cost-effective, high-capacity 6G/s SATA hard drives but require the performance advantages and superior reliability that only true hardware RAID can provide.
RocketRAID 362x HBA's utilize a dedicated RAID-on-Chip processor and 512MB of DDR3 cache, which offload all RAID related processing from the host system, freeing up valuable resources and ensuring consistent, high-speed data transfer. Dual-Mini-SAS ports directly support up to 8 6Gb/s SATA devices and up to 32 TB of storage.
A comprehensive management suite delivers a wide-selection of storage monitoring, maintenance and recovery features to help secure mission critical data from the risks of hardware failure.
The dual Mini-SAS ports deliver true, uncompromised 6Gb/s transfer bandwidth for each of the 8 device channels - ideal for large-scale RAID configurations comprised of 6Gb/s SATA HDD's.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- re image
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse Review
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines