HighPoint unveils Hardware RAID Solutions for Storage Applications that require Point-To-Point connectivity and 6Gb/s transfer performance. One size does not always fit all - the demand for cost-effective direct-attached hardware RAID solutions is now stronger than ever before. SAS-based hardware RAID remains the solution of choice, but the high-cost of entry, and a feature set that favors expansive storage configurations is often at odds with the needs of SMB's and media professionals. Why pay SAS prices for applications that depend on SATA Storage?
Many SMB's are faced with the following dilemma - I/O intensive applications that require the consistent performance and security only hardware RAID can provide, but faced with the sky-high costs associated with conventional SAS-based host-RAID solutions. Again, the question arises: why invest in costly SAS storage and expansion hardware when the target application's is satisfied with direct-attached, point-to-point solution? Today's 6Gb/s SATA storage devices deliver the capacity, performance and reliability necessary to meet the demands of a growing range of professional storage applications, such as HD video editing and post production, video streaming, SMB servers and media workstations. HighPoint understands the needs of this market, and has unveiled a new HBA series that addresses this problem - affordable 6Gb/s hardware RAID solutions: the RocketRAID 362x HBA series.
RocketRAID 362x Series RAID-on-Chip HBA's
HighPoint 6Gb/s SATA RAID-on-Chip HBA's deliver the stability, performance and reliability you expect from a hardware RAID solution, yet offer significant cost savings over 6Gb/s SAS host RAID HBA's.
RocketRAID 362x series HBA's are ideal for storage applications that utilize cost-effective, high-capacity 6G/s SATA hard drives but require the performance advantages and superior reliability that only true hardware RAID can provide.
RocketRAID 362x HBA's utilize a dedicated RAID-on-Chip processor and 512MB of DDR3 cache, which offload all RAID related processing from the host system, freeing up valuable resources and ensuring consistent, high-speed data transfer. Dual-Mini-SAS ports directly support up to 8 6Gb/s SATA devices and up to 32 TB of storage.
A comprehensive management suite delivers a wide-selection of storage monitoring, maintenance and recovery features to help secure mission critical data from the risks of hardware failure.
The dual Mini-SAS ports deliver true, uncompromised 6Gb/s transfer bandwidth for each of the 8 device channels - ideal for large-scale RAID configurations comprised of 6Gb/s SATA HDD's.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung pushes the SSD game with 2TB 850 Evo and 850 Pro additions
- Microsoft will put the finishing touches on Windows 10 this week
- Japan accepts recently issued giant robot challenge from US company
- Duran Duran: Streaming music 'is the way forward for the future'
- Save 93% On This Six-Course Node.js Bundle
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- your Other built or out. nation much sleeping out bag,
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC
- Synology Announces RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas NAS Servers
- Giada Announces the P211 OPS-compliant Mini PC