HighPoint unveils Hardware RAID Solutions for Storage Applications that require Point-To-Point connectivity and 6Gb/s transfer performance. One size does not always fit all - the demand for cost-effective direct-attached hardware RAID solutions is now stronger than ever before. SAS-based hardware RAID remains the solution of choice, but the high-cost of entry, and a feature set that favors expansive storage configurations is often at odds with the needs of SMB's and media professionals. Why pay SAS prices for applications that depend on SATA Storage?
Many SMB's are faced with the following dilemma - I/O intensive applications that require the consistent performance and security only hardware RAID can provide, but faced with the sky-high costs associated with conventional SAS-based host-RAID solutions. Again, the question arises: why invest in costly SAS storage and expansion hardware when the target application's is satisfied with direct-attached, point-to-point solution? Today's 6Gb/s SATA storage devices deliver the capacity, performance and reliability necessary to meet the demands of a growing range of professional storage applications, such as HD video editing and post production, video streaming, SMB servers and media workstations. HighPoint understands the needs of this market, and has unveiled a new HBA series that addresses this problem - affordable 6Gb/s hardware RAID solutions: the RocketRAID 362x HBA series.
RocketRAID 362x Series RAID-on-Chip HBA's
HighPoint 6Gb/s SATA RAID-on-Chip HBA's deliver the stability, performance and reliability you expect from a hardware RAID solution, yet offer significant cost savings over 6Gb/s SAS host RAID HBA's.
RocketRAID 362x series HBA's are ideal for storage applications that utilize cost-effective, high-capacity 6G/s SATA hard drives but require the performance advantages and superior reliability that only true hardware RAID can provide.
RocketRAID 362x HBA's utilize a dedicated RAID-on-Chip processor and 512MB of DDR3 cache, which offload all RAID related processing from the host system, freeing up valuable resources and ensuring consistent, high-speed data transfer. Dual-Mini-SAS ports directly support up to 8 6Gb/s SATA devices and up to 32 TB of storage.
A comprehensive management suite delivers a wide-selection of storage monitoring, maintenance and recovery features to help secure mission critical data from the risks of hardware failure.
The dual Mini-SAS ports deliver true, uncompromised 6Gb/s transfer bandwidth for each of the 8 device channels - ideal for large-scale RAID configurations comprised of 6Gb/s SATA HDD's.
Latest News Posts
- PC manufacturers could receive Microsoft Windows 10 starting in July
- The Google Gmail email service tops 900 million global users
- IDC: PC sales dropping ahead of Windows 10, as competition tightens
- EUROCOM boasts NVIDIA Quadro graphics, 32GB RAM, M.2 SSDs and more
- Jawbone sues Fitbit as fitness trackers go to war
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- EUROCOM P7 Pro Mobile Workstation supports a full line of MXM 3.0b NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, K3100M and K1100M professional graphics and Intel Core i7-4700 Desktop Processor Series
- More Performance, Features, and Value: New AMD A-Series Desktop Processors Deliver Best-In-Class Experience for eSports and Online Gaming
- ADATA Teases its Computex 2015 Unveiling
- Logic Supply Previews its Upcoming ML600 Series Fanless PC
- Introducing the The NanoXia Project