GIPS Demonstrates Real-Time Mobile Video with Customers at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Movial and others Join GIPS Feb 16-19 to Demonstrate the Power and Growing Adoption of Mobile IP Communications in booth #2G16
San Francisco - February 2, 2009 - Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS), the leading provider of IP multimedia processing solutions, announced today plans to demonstrate the power and growing adoption of mobile IP communications with its customers.
In GIPS' Mobile World Congress booth #2G16, Hall 2, ongoing demonstrations will be held throughout the conference, including a real-time Mobile video application from Movial, a leader in Unified Communications products, allowing users to conduct high-quality Mobile video calls. Using GIPS VideoEngine, mobile application developers can utilize the best video processing technology available on a mobile platform.
"Next generation mobile applications like mobile video calling are growing rapidly, as worldwide mobile subscriptions are expected to reach 5.5 billion subscribers by 2013," said Joyce Jim, Global IP Solutions' Chief Marketing Officer. "The high quality and ease of use that today's 3G smart phones offer make real-time IP communications a valuable tool for consumers and businesses to stay connected anywhere, anytime."
Kim continued, "With consumers and businesses striving to save on travel expenses, coupled with the advancements in IP processing and compression technologies, now is the ideal time for increased adoption of applications like mobile video calling. We are pleased to be leading this charge with some of the biggest names in the mobile industry to make real-time IP communications a reality."
Today, GIPS Media Engines are the most widely deployed media processing engines in the world with over 800 million downloads. GIPS is best known as the inventors of the voice codec, iLBC, an IETF industry standard and iSAC, the de facto wideband standard.
To set up an appointment for a demonstration at Mobile World Congress contact GIPS at +1 415 746-1144.
About Global IP Solutions
Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS) provides best-in-class voice and video processing in IP communications. GIPS enables its customers to deliver unmatched quality, with a faster time-to-market and with less risk than alternative solutions. GIPS serves application developers, wired and wireless service providers and network and telecommunications equipment vendors. Its customer list includes AOL, Gadu-Gadu, Google, IBM, Mail.ru, LG Nortel, Movial, Nimbuzz, Nortel, Oracle, Radvision Samsung, Tencent and other key players in the voice and video markets. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Stockholm, Boston and Hong Kong. For more information, visit http://www.gipscorp.com.
Latest News Posts
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now