Plextor, leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance digital storage devices, and Maingear, leading custom designer of high performance PC systems, have announced a strategic partnership. Plextor is currently center stage with their ultrafast SSD technology. This makes for a perfect match with Maingear that has a sterling reputation for award winning custom PC systems that are individually tuned for peak performance.
Plextor and Maingear featured a collaborative exhibit at last month's E3 - the annual gaming expo held at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The 2013 show was attended by upwards of 50,000 gaming enthusiasts.
Plextor and Maingear caught the crowd's attention with their exhibit featuring a Maingear RAID 0 computer equipped with four 128 GB Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme Solid State Drives. As a post-E3 grand finale, Plextor gave away the Maingear computer in a drawing facilitated by PC Gamer.
Maingear was impressed-if not amazed-by the increased performance of their PC equipped with Plextor SSDs. They were fascinated enough to choose Plextor as their main supplier for SSDs.
Wallace Santos, CEO and founder of Maingear computers commented: "Maingear custom desktop and notebooks wouldn't be complete without offering one of the best hard drive solutions available. With Plextor solid state drives offering Super RAID, our customers can build a system with more than enough speed and space to fit their games, movies, and music with room to spare."
Maingear's custom gaming PC's are known to be among the fastest and most reliable in the industry. This makes for a perfect fit and strong partnership since Plextor's SSDs are also known for extraordinary speed and quantity.
In fact, Plextor's M5 Pro Xtreme SSD is the first true professional SSD to reach the milestone of 100,000 IOPS random-read speeds. The drive also features Plextor's True Speed technology (developed by Plextor's firmware team) preventing SSD speed drops and automatically returning performance to like-new speeds. The M5 Pro Xtreme has an MTBF (mean time between failures) of 2.4 million hours. This ranks as the highest level of reliability in the industry.
"We are extremely proud to work closely with Maingear to bring consumers an enhanced gaming experience," said Darlo Perez, Managing Director of Plextor Americas. "Plextor SSDs are targeted for advanced users who demand high-performance and our products are extremely fast, reliable, and stable, which makes it suitable with Maingear's custom PC systems."
Maingear has an array of Editor's Choice awards to corroborate their reputation as developers of the best gaming desktop computers available. Their innovative high performance gaming computers can handle the latest and most demanding games with ease. The Maingear customer is given the design option of overclocked, water cooled, or three-way SLI configurations for the ultimate gaming rig.
Maingear's signature luxury paint jobs are also a pretty nifty customer option. Their New Jersey facility actually boasts a downdraft paint booth where they coat the exterior of their custom gaming rigs with glossy Glasurit paint (that's the same paint used by Porsche and BMW).
In summary, when you put a Plextor SSD in a Maingear rig, you have extreme speed, massive throughput, and fault tolerant performance that will suit the performance and the aesthetic needs of the world's most serious gamers.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon R9 395X2 dual GPU "Fiji VR" GPU should be a monster
- AMD Radeon R9 390X should feature not just 4GB of HBM, but 8GB of HBM
- Google exec amongst thousands killed in Nepal quake
- Nate Mitchell from Oculus will speak at Disrupt NY about all things VR
- Gears of War remaster in development for the Xbox One by Splash Damage
- Error when updating Intel Management Engine software for Ivy Bridge CPU install
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- GeIL Announces Super Luce DDR4 Enthusiast Memory Series
- X2 Introduces the ISOLATIC Chassis
- Acer Delivers 15.6-inch Budget-Friendly Chromebook
- Thermaltake Debuts Full Range of Radiators The Pacific RL and R Series Optimized for Maximum Heat Dispatching
- GALAX Launches Liquid-Cooled HOF GTX 970 and GTX 980 Graphics Cards