SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash memory storage solutions today announced that it has expanded its capital return program with the initiation of a quarterly dividend and the authorization of $2.5 billion of additional stock repurchases. The company will complete part of this stock repurchase through a $1.0 billion Accelerated Share Repurchase ("ASR") agreement, which was entered into today.
The SanDisk Board of Directors has approved the initiation of a quarterly cash dividend of $0.225 per share of common stock, equivalent to an annual yield of approximately 1.6% based on the July 31, 2013 closing price of $55.12. On an annualized basis, this will return approximately $220 million to stockholders based on shares outstanding as of June 30, 2013. The first dividend payment will be made on August 30, 2013 to holders of record on August 12, 2013. Future dividend payments are subject to review and approval by the Board.
As of today, the company has entered into a $1.0 billion ASR agreement with a financial institution. Under the terms of the ASR, SanDisk will receive during the third fiscal quarter of 2013 an initial delivery of approximately 14.5 million shares based on current market prices. The final number of shares to be repurchased will be based on SanDisk's volume-weighted average stock price during the term of the agreement, which is expected to be completed no later than April 8, 2014.
The $2.5 billion of stock repurchase authorization brings the total amount authorized for stock repurchases to $3.75 billion. Approximately $2.1 billion remains available for repurchase following the execution of the $1.0 billion ASR agreement, year-to-date purchases of approximately $435 million and prior years' purchases.
"Today's announcements underscore our confidence in the company's business and our commitment to share our success with our shareholders," said Sanjay Mehrotra, president and chief executive officer of SanDisk. "The dividend provides immediate and ongoing returns to our shareholders, and we believe that utilizing our cash for share repurchases will add significantly to long-term shareholder value."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio