SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash memory storage solutions today announced that it has expanded its capital return program with the initiation of a quarterly dividend and the authorization of $2.5 billion of additional stock repurchases. The company will complete part of this stock repurchase through a $1.0 billion Accelerated Share Repurchase ("ASR") agreement, which was entered into today.
The SanDisk Board of Directors has approved the initiation of a quarterly cash dividend of $0.225 per share of common stock, equivalent to an annual yield of approximately 1.6% based on the July 31, 2013 closing price of $55.12. On an annualized basis, this will return approximately $220 million to stockholders based on shares outstanding as of June 30, 2013. The first dividend payment will be made on August 30, 2013 to holders of record on August 12, 2013. Future dividend payments are subject to review and approval by the Board.
As of today, the company has entered into a $1.0 billion ASR agreement with a financial institution. Under the terms of the ASR, SanDisk will receive during the third fiscal quarter of 2013 an initial delivery of approximately 14.5 million shares based on current market prices. The final number of shares to be repurchased will be based on SanDisk's volume-weighted average stock price during the term of the agreement, which is expected to be completed no later than April 8, 2014.
The $2.5 billion of stock repurchase authorization brings the total amount authorized for stock repurchases to $3.75 billion. Approximately $2.1 billion remains available for repurchase following the execution of the $1.0 billion ASR agreement, year-to-date purchases of approximately $435 million and prior years' purchases.
"Today's announcements underscore our confidence in the company's business and our commitment to share our success with our shareholders," said Sanjay Mehrotra, president and chief executive officer of SanDisk. "The dividend provides immediate and ongoing returns to our shareholders, and we believe that utilizing our cash for share repurchases will add significantly to long-term shareholder value."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- GALAX shows off Hall of Fame 4000MHz DDR4 RAM
- GALAX unveils new prismatic Gamer Series DDR4 RAM lineup
- New ASUS ROG Swift monitor can hit 180Hz with NVIDIA G-Sync
- ASUS VR headset makes a surprise appearance at Computex
- MSI wants to put a GTX 1080 in its new VR PC backpack
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream