Razer and Raptr Partner To Enhance Millions of Gamers' Experience
Leading Gaming Peripheral Company Razer Leverages Raptr's Social Platform For Deeper User Connection
Carlsbad, California - Jan. 29, 2009 - Razer, the world's leading manufacturer of high-end precision gaming and lifestyle peripherals, today announced a new partnership with Raptr, the first social platform that allows users to know, in real-time, what games they and their friends are playing across multiple platforms. When combined with Razer's precision keyboards and mice, the joint offering provides Razer's millions of customers the opportunity to seamlessly join Raptr's community and build friendships, compete and connect while gaming.
The partnership will also enable Razer to communicate directly with its fan base and better understand their gaming habits with Raptr's innovative unique social network integrations. Razer will be able to reach their fans wherever they are and forge a deeper user connection. With Raptr, users can also automatically broadcast this information via the Internet's most popular social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter, thus extending users' ability to reach their friends.
In addition, Raptr and Razer plan to hold contests that give Raptr users the chance to show off their gaming skills and win special Razer gear. Raptr will be bundled with three of Razer's most popular products: the Razer DeathAdder mouse, the Razer Lachesis mouse, and the Razer Lycosa keyboard, with more products to be added over the coming months.
"Razer's products have traditionally been created and marketed for hardcore gamers and with this new partnership, Raptr is providing us with the best way to build a deeper connection with our existing gamers as well as reach new gamers in a consumer-friendly and innovative way," said Razer president Robert "Razerguy" Krakoff. "We feel incredible synergy with Raptr, specifically in our goal to continuously engage new gamers and introduce them to the very best gaming
products and services available."
"With this partnership both companies are embarking on an exciting new growth opportunity. Bymaking Raptr accessible through Razer's products we're able to reach additional gamers who may not yet be members of Raptr," said Dennis Fong, CEO of Raptr.
About the Razer Group
Razer is the world's leading manufacturer of high-end precision gaming products and peripherals that are designed "For Gamers. By Gamers". Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Razer's award-winning lineup of products includes desktop speakers, headsets, keyboards, mice, software, and gaming surfaces. Since 1998, Razer has collaborated with leading professional gamers to develop, manufacture and market cutting-edge gaming peripherals using proprietary technologies that give gamers the competitive edge. Razer products offer the best in precision, sensitivity, usability and distinctive product design and have a reputation for being leaders in gaming peripheral technology.
* Know when your friends are playing
* Share your achievements automatically
* Discover new games you might like
* Update your games automatically
* Display your gaming identities in one place
Raptr is the first service to automatically let you know when your friends are playing games in real-time across multiple platforms and the first service to automatically allow you to share your gaming activity with your friends on Raptr and other popular social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Additionally, the Raptr client software is distributed through a variety of channels in the gaming industry that include Activision's Call of Duty: World at War, Lighthouse Interactive,
NHN USA, and Razer. Raptr was founded in 2007 by Xfire co-founder and world champion gamer Dennis Fong. The company is made up of people who love to play games and has raised over $12 million dollars in funding from investors that include Accel Partners and The Founders Fund. For more information, please go to http://raptr.com.
Latest News Posts
- Metal Gear Solid games have sold over 49 million copies worldwide
- Avengers: Infinity War will be one movie, instead of a two-parter
- Samsung's Q2 2016 profits are the largest in over two years
- New details emerge on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, new Gear VR headset
- Quake is being remade in Unreal Engine 4, and it could be awesome
- Gigabyte U1N !!GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI BIOS posted to Gigabyte site
- Switchmate Bluetooth Smart Light Switch Review
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio