Buffalo Technology, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of wired and wireless networking and network and direct attached storage solutions, today announced the availability of the TeraStation 3000 Series of high performance NAS and iSCSI unified storage. The new TeraStation 3000 Series delivers a feature-rich solution ideal for small offices and professional users requiring cost-effective network storage to easily share and safeguard assets with the reliability of RAID data protection.
Comprised of two four-drive configurations, including a 1U rack mount, and capacities from 4 TB - 16 TB, the TeraStation 3000 offers high-performance RAID-based network storage, powered by a dual-core ARM processor and 1 GB of installed DDR3 RAM for high performance and efficiency. It offers complete data protection with available real-time replication and 10 licenses of NovaBACKUP Business Essentials software for Windows devices.
"The perpetual growth and evolution of storage and backup needs in the SMB market presents network administrators with the continual challenge of effective data management," said Matt Dargis, chief operating officer at Buffalo Technology (USA), Inc. "This challenge translates into a call on vendors to provide reliable, cost-effective solutions that address ever-changing file serving and capacity requirements. Buffalo is answering this need with our recently launched TeraStation 5000 Series, and now the TeraStation 3000 Series. We designed the TeraStation 3000 to deliver simplified management, optimized resource utilization and true disaster recovery protection at entry level price points."
The TeraStation 3000 Series provides reliable unified storage with simultaneous NAS and iSCSI target functionality and is loaded with business class features:
- Dual gigabit Ethernet ports for redundancy, load balancing or link aggregation
- Scheduled or real-time share level replication
- Device failover support
- RAID 0/1/5/6/10/JBOD
- Active Directory support
- Disk quota support
- Hot-swap/hot spare
- USB accessory support (with two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports)
The TeraStation 3000 Series, with its impressive array of SMB applications and cross platform support, offers comprehensive network storage and backup for a variety of professional users.
Scalable Surveillance Video Asset Management
The TeraStation 3000 Series includes the Buffalo Surveillance Video Manager, delivering advanced forensics-based video lifecycle management that helps users manage and protect video assets with ease. It includes support for up to five RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) IP-based surveillance video cameras, allowing users to directly capture, manage and store camera feeds, and simultaneously view live and stored video. The Buffalo Surveillance Video Manager enables users to implement additional TeraStation devices for live video capture with maximum camera support, long-term video file retention or video file redundancy, making it one of the most cost-effective and scalable surveillance solutions available. Each TeraStation 3000 Series unit includes one camera license; additional licenses are available for purchase.
Pricing and Availability
The TeraStation 3000 Series is backed by a limited three-year warranty and includes toll-free U.S.-based technical support available 24/7.
The two-drive pedestal TeraStation 3400 is available now at an MSRP of $599.99 for the 4 TB (TS3400D0404), $749.99 for the 8 TB (TS3400D0804), $1,099.99 for the 12 TB (TS3400D1204) and $1,599.99 for the 16 TB (TS3400D1604).
The two-drive 1U TeraStation 3400r Rackmount is available now at an MSRP of $1,399.99 for the 4 TB (TS3400R0404), $1,549.99 for the 8 TB (TS3400R0804), $1,899.99 for the 12 TB (TS3400R1204) and $2,399.99 for the 16 TB (TS3400R1604).
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Windows 95 has been installed onto an Apple Watch... because why not
- Battlefield 5: Eastern Front rumors are reportedly fake
- Samsung 'Bedtime VR Stories' is a truly new way of telling stories
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Without the reconstruction tech, Quantum Break looks incredible at 4K
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched