OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and power management solutions for computing devices and systems, is updating investors on its restatement process.
"We know that our restatement efforts are top of mind for all investors. This process has taken longer than we expected due to a number of items. Complexity of the transactions, as well as resource issues, were the main drivers for the additional time needed. Rafael Torres, our new CFO, joined us in late March with significant restatement experience and has filled key financial leadership positions and improved the technical depth of the finance organization," stated Ralph Schmitt, CEO of OCZ Technology. "Through these improvements, we have implemented a more rigorous review process that has also resulted in the identification of additional restatement items that have taken some time to review, document and conclude on. Taking these items into account, we believe that we are on track to becoming current with our SEC filings before the end of August."
As previously disclosed, on December 17, 2012, the Audit Committee of OCZ Technology Group, Inc. concluded that the Company should restate its previously-issued consolidated financial statements for fiscal year 2012 and the first quarter of fiscal 2013. In the course of its restatement work for these periods, the Company identified two misclassification items in its previously-issued consolidated financial statements for fiscal years 2009, 2010 and 2011.
These items include: 1) the recording of certain previously-expensed manufacturing and freight costs that should have been capitalized in inventory and recorded in cost of goods sold upon shipment, and 2) the classification of certain customer incentive program credits as operating expenses that should have been recorded as an offset to reported net revenue. The aggregate impact of these items on the Company's previously-reported net income or loss for these periods is expected to be de minimis, although gross profit levels will be reduced from amounts previously-reported. We believe the impact to periods prior to 2012 will be isolated to these two items, though we have not yet completed our restatement work.
The impact of all adjustments made during the restatement process will be disclosed in more detail in the Company's restated financial statements, which will be provided as soon as practicable. Until the restatements are released, in addition to the financial statements for the periods referenced in the paragraph above, related press releases and shareholder communications describing the results reported in these financial statements should no longer be relied upon.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- New Prey game isn't a sequel or a reboot, it's a re-imagining
- PlayStation VR requires almost as much space as HTC Vive
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Asus Stix X99
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio