Super Talent Releases SSD Upgrade for Asus S101 Eee PC
Add Up to 64GB of Solid State Storage in Minutes
San Jose, California - January 28, 2009 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today launched an SSD, offered in capacities up to 64GB, that was specially designed as an upgrade for the Asus S101 Eee PC.
The Windows® model of the S101 includes only 16GB of local storage, so Super Talent's upgrade SSD offers the S101 user the opportunity to double or quadruple the storage capacity in his netbook.
This new SSD has been rigorously tested in Super Talent's compatibility labs for both performance and functionality to ensure it meets Super Talent's high quality standards. With a SATA interface, it delivers impressive 90 MB/sec max sequential read speeds and up to 55 MB/sec write speeds.
Joe James, Super Talent's director of marketing noted, "You can never have enough storage space. This is sure to be a popular upgrade for the S101."
All three models are shipping now. The 64GB model will retail for approximately $169.
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, California, designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factory and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active member of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies, and holds over 200 patents in Flash and DRAM technology.
Asus and Eee PC are trademarks of ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp. Pricing is approximate as of announcement date and may change without notice. Usable capacity is less than specified after formatting.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives