AMSTERDAM, June 26, 2013 - LG Electronics (LG) today announced that its premium 4G LTE smartphone, Optimus G Pro, received the Best LTE Device/Handset Award at the LTE World Summit 2013. This award comes in recognition of the device's superior LTE capabilities, wide range of consumer-centric features, ease-of-use, seamless inter-device connectivity and elegant design.
LTE World Summit, held this year in Amsterdam from June 24-26, is now in its ninth year. Widely viewed as world's leading 4G event, the event attracts the mobile industry's key decision makers and thought leaders. With over 3,000 attendees, 250-plus guest speakers, more than 125 exhibitors and a large contingent of print and online media, this year's event was one of the biggest and most widely covered LTE World Summits to date.
Thanks to the rapid proliferation of high speed LTE networks, more and more consumers are now able to enjoy high quality content on their mobile devices. Correspondingly, there has been a sharp increase in the demand for premium LTE smartphones capable of delivering an immersive viewing experience. Equipped with a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, a 5.5-inch 1080p Full HD IPS display and a host of convenient UX features, LG's award-winning Optimus G Pro delivers speedy performance, unsurpassed picture quality and an intuitive user-interface.
"We are honored and delighted to have been recognized with this prestigious award," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "The Optimus G Pro is a clear example of how LG is offering consumers the very best in mobile technology and user experience. Far from resting on our laurels, we are already hard at work developing the next generation of advanced LTE devices and network technologies."
The Optimus G Pro incorporates a number of LG's world-class LTE technologies. The superior device also supports all LTE frequency bands, making the device compatible with any 4G LTE network in the world. With a quad-band mobile antenna, the handset is able to secure the fastest LTE speeds, supporting both 2x2 and 4x2 multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) channel configuration. The Optimus G Pro also delivers fast, seamless data transmission thanks to its ability to perform packet switch handover between W-CDMA and LTE networks. What's more, a lightning quick 1.7 GHz CPU provides the highest LTE data throughput available, enabling consumers to enjoy outstanding multimedia experiences. Advanced LTE network speeds and the powerful CPU also gives the Optimus G Pro superior multitasking functionality.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung 'Bedtime VR Stories' is a truly new way of telling stories
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Without the reconstruction tech, Quantum Break looks incredible at 4K
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex requires 16GB RAM for gaming at 4K 60FPS
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched