SAN JOSE, CA - May 23, 2013 - OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today announced the release of the Vertex 450 SATA III SSD Series featuring the company's proprietary Indilinx Barefoot 3 M10 Series controller. As part of the leading-edge Vertex series, Vertex 450 lives up to its name and bridges the gap between high performance and mainstream solid-state storage. With advanced storage performance, reliability, and quality, the Vertex 450 utilizes 20nm process geometry NAND flash to meet the needs of today's high-end consumer and client applications.
"As one of the industry's most highly awarded SSD Series to date, the Vertex name has become synonymous with the latest and greatest in flash-based storage providing an exceptional balance of performance and cost efficiency," said Daryl Lang, Senior Vice President of Product Management for OCZ Technology. "The Vertex 450 marks the first time this popular OCZ series utilizes in-house ASIC technology delivering an even greater level of speed, reliability and value for our customers."
Replacing the 25nm-based Vertex 4, the new Vertex 450 uses NAND flash based on the state-of-the-art 20nm process geometry to deliver superior, cost-effective solid state storage and features. The Vertex 450 provides bandwidth of up to 540MB/s read, 530MB/s write, and 4K random write performance of up to 90,000 IOPS, dramatically accelerating gaming, content creation, and multimedia applications, while driving an improved overall computing experience.
With its powerful and feature-rich Barefoot 3 M10 Series controller, the Vertex 450 is fine-tuned to deliver high speed sequential transfers and consistent sustained performance over time, regardless if the data file formats are compressed or uncompressed for faster file transfers, boot-ups, and a more responsive storage experience. The BF3 M10 controller is a derivative of the original product which adds AES-256 encryption and a power-optimized clock. This gives OCZ the ability to offer a power/cost optimized solution targeted for the mainstream market. With a priority on reliability and flash-optimized endurance, the Vertex 450 also features an advanced suite of flash management tools that analyze and dynamically adapt to increasing NAND vulnerabilities as flash cells wear, heightening data integrity over the long term.
Vertex 450 SSDs feature an ultra-slim 7mm alloy housing for compatibility with the latest thin form factor notebooks, and come bundled with a 3.5-inch adapter bracket as well as Acronis True Image cloning software with Windows 8 support to easily transfer data from legacy hard drive storage. The Vertex 450 will be available in 128GB to 512GB capacities and is backed by a 3-year warranty.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available