May 2013, Milpitas, CA - HighPoint Technologies, Inc., a leading HBA and storage solutions manufacturer, is set to unveil the industry's first officially certified dual-bay Thunderbolt powered storage dock at this year's Computex show in Taipei, Taiwan - the RocketStor 5212. The RocketStor 5212 allows Mac users to fully exploit the high-performance connectivity of any Thunderbolt capable Mac platform.
Introducing the RocketStor 5212
HighPoint's RocketStor 5212 is the industry's first dual-bay 10Gb/s Thunderbolt powered Storage Dock! The RocketStor 5212 delivers true, 10Gb/s transfer bandwidth for MacBooks, iMacs, and any Mac platform with Thunderbolt capability. Each device bay supports both 2.5" and 3.5" 6Gb/s SATA drives. The RocketStor 5212 is an ideal, external storage solution for Mac platforms, and delivers uncompromised 10Gb/s transfer bandwidth for performance-intensive storage applications including media editing, HD video playback, and high-speed external backup.
Dual-Bay Thunderbolt Powered External Storage Solution for any Thunderbolt Capable Mac Platform
The RocketStor 5212 is the ideal, high-performance external storage solution for MacBook portables and IMac systems with built-in Thunderbolt connectivity. The uncompromised 10Gb/s performance bandwidth and modular SATA bays support any industry standard SATA SSD and hard drive. The RocketStor 5212, like all RocketStor storage docks, benefits from HighPoint's persistent compatibility testing, which ensures full compliance with all current and upcoming SATA storage devices, including today's fastest 6Gb/s SSD's and high-capacity 4TB hard drives.
SMART Clone Software Storage Solution
The RocketStor 5212 comes bundled with HighPoint's Storage Software Solution - SMART Clone, as Free Software. The SMART Clone application can duplicate any drive or partition to the disk of your choice, at up to twice the speed of ordinary backup utilities! The bootable, user-friendly interface works with any computing platform, and provides three easy to use duplication functions: Clone Image (create a duplicate of a disk or partition and save as an .iso image), Clone Mirror (clone a disk or partition to another disk or partition), and Restore (use a Clone Mirrored image to restore a corrupt drive).
Availability and Pricing
The RocketStor 5212 will be available in early July 2013, from HighPoint's world-wide network of Distribution and Retail channels.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer's new curved laptop rocks GTX 1080 SLI, G-Sync
- LG's new 38-inch UltraWide rocks 3840x1600 resolution
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided patch fixes a slew of problems
- Witcher 3: Game of the Year Edition launches
- Apple ordered to pay €13bn in back taxes to Ireland
- PNY CS1311 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Intel 7th Gen "Kaby Lake" Core Processor Overview
- Who to Request For Motherboard Review Sample ?
- Cooler Master MasterCase 3 Micro-ATX Tower Case Review
- Samsung EVO 256GB microSDXC Memory Card Review
- Samsung mass produces 14nm Exynos processor with full connectivity integration
- Samsung launches two new curved gaming monitors
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces ROG Masters
- BIOSTAR TB150 PRO motherboard designed for professional mining
- ADATA launches XPG Flame DDR4 memory modules