Corsair Components, Inc., a premier global supplier of high-performance PC components, has received a strategic investment of approximately $75 million from Francisco Partners, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Francisco Partners will partner with Corsair CEO Andy Paul and the management team to further strengthen Corsair's market-leading position among PC gaming enthusiasts. Paul and the current management team will continue to hold a substantial equity interest in the company.
"Under the leadership of Andy Paul, Corsair has built an enviable brand among videogame enthusiasts," said Andrew Kowal, partner at Francisco Partners who leads the firm's hardware investment activities. "This brand position was born out of the team's great passion for delivering best-in-class products to its customers around the world."
Since its founding in 1994, Corsair has built one of the top brands in PC gaming components and peripherals. Its close relationships with customers facilitate new product development, and its global distribution network enables the company to scale quickly. With more than $500 million in annual revenue, Corsair is among the largest privately owned hardware companies in Silicon Valley.
"We sought out Francisco Partners based on its rich experience with high-growth hardware companies and its reputation for operational expertise," said Corsair CEO, Andy Paul. "Following the transaction, we are confident we will be able to better support and serve our existing customer base and core markets. Furthermore, with the support of Francisco Partners, we will continue to leverage our understanding of enthusiast audiences to expand into related adjacent product categories and geographies."
Mr. Kowal added, "Corsair's attractive growth and expanding market position realized over the last decade is a testament to its product innovation and strong execution. We look forward to partnering with Andy and the Corsair team to strengthen this foundation and build upon it through selective acquisitions."
Stifel served as exclusive financial advisor to Corsair Components in the transaction. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Magic Leap and Virtuix are the newest members of the ESA
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance