Corsair Components, Inc., a premier global supplier of high-performance PC components, has received a strategic investment of approximately $75 million from Francisco Partners, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Francisco Partners will partner with Corsair CEO Andy Paul and the management team to further strengthen Corsair's market-leading position among PC gaming enthusiasts. Paul and the current management team will continue to hold a substantial equity interest in the company.
"Under the leadership of Andy Paul, Corsair has built an enviable brand among videogame enthusiasts," said Andrew Kowal, partner at Francisco Partners who leads the firm's hardware investment activities. "This brand position was born out of the team's great passion for delivering best-in-class products to its customers around the world."
Since its founding in 1994, Corsair has built one of the top brands in PC gaming components and peripherals. Its close relationships with customers facilitate new product development, and its global distribution network enables the company to scale quickly. With more than $500 million in annual revenue, Corsair is among the largest privately owned hardware companies in Silicon Valley.
"We sought out Francisco Partners based on its rich experience with high-growth hardware companies and its reputation for operational expertise," said Corsair CEO, Andy Paul. "Following the transaction, we are confident we will be able to better support and serve our existing customer base and core markets. Furthermore, with the support of Francisco Partners, we will continue to leverage our understanding of enthusiast audiences to expand into related adjacent product categories and geographies."
Mr. Kowal added, "Corsair's attractive growth and expanding market position realized over the last decade is a testament to its product innovation and strong execution. We look forward to partnering with Andy and the Corsair team to strengthen this foundation and build upon it through selective acquisitions."
Stifel served as exclusive financial advisor to Corsair Components in the transaction. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD reduces price on Radeon R9 Fury X, Fury and Nano - Fury X now $589
- Star Trek DS9 Blu-ray campaign warps into view
- Humai wants to transfer your consciousness to an artificial body
- New chip could charge your phone in 10 minutes, Samsung interested
- 2nd-gen MSI ECO series motherboards debut
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family