Corsair Components, Inc., a premier global supplier of high-performance PC components, has received a strategic investment of approximately $75 million from Francisco Partners, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Francisco Partners will partner with Corsair CEO Andy Paul and the management team to further strengthen Corsair's market-leading position among PC gaming enthusiasts. Paul and the current management team will continue to hold a substantial equity interest in the company.
"Under the leadership of Andy Paul, Corsair has built an enviable brand among videogame enthusiasts," said Andrew Kowal, partner at Francisco Partners who leads the firm's hardware investment activities. "This brand position was born out of the team's great passion for delivering best-in-class products to its customers around the world."
Since its founding in 1994, Corsair has built one of the top brands in PC gaming components and peripherals. Its close relationships with customers facilitate new product development, and its global distribution network enables the company to scale quickly. With more than $500 million in annual revenue, Corsair is among the largest privately owned hardware companies in Silicon Valley.
"We sought out Francisco Partners based on its rich experience with high-growth hardware companies and its reputation for operational expertise," said Corsair CEO, Andy Paul. "Following the transaction, we are confident we will be able to better support and serve our existing customer base and core markets. Furthermore, with the support of Francisco Partners, we will continue to leverage our understanding of enthusiast audiences to expand into related adjacent product categories and geographies."
Mr. Kowal added, "Corsair's attractive growth and expanding market position realized over the last decade is a testament to its product innovation and strong execution. We look forward to partnering with Andy and the Corsair team to strengthen this foundation and build upon it through selective acquisitions."
Stifel served as exclusive financial advisor to Corsair Components in the transaction. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity