Fremont, California - May 2, 2013 - Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components, today announced two new solid-state drive (SSD) related products. The first, the SSD & Hard Disk Drive Cloning Kit, enables users to easily duplicate and transfer data between drives. The kit, which includes a cable and software, is ideal for users upgrading from traditional hard disk drives (HDD) to faster, more rugged Corsair SSDs. In addition, the company announced the Corsair SSD Toolbox, a free software utility which enables users to configure, optimize and monitor their Corsair SSDs.
SSD & Hard Disk Drive Cloning Kit
The SSD & Hard Disk Drive Cloning Kit enables users to move data between a hard drive and SSD by simply selecting the source drive and destination drives and then clicking a button. Designed for users migrating their data to newly installed SSDs, the kit includes data migration software, a USB-to-SATA cable, and Quick Start Guide. The cable supports USB 3.0 and 2.0 delivering transfer rates up to 180MB/s with USB 3.0 ports, 4 times faster than USB 2.0.
The SSD & Hard Disk Drive Cloning Kit features:
- Support for Corsair SSDs and SATA notebook hard drives
- Compatibility with Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and OS X
- Includes data migration software, USB-to-SATA cable, and Quick Start Guide
- 3 year warranty
Corsair SSD Toolbox
The Corsair SSD Toolbox software helps Corsair SSD owners to install, configure, optimize, and monitor the health of their drives. The Windows compatible software is available as a free download from the Downloads tab of SSD product pages on http://www.corsair.com.
The Corsair SSD Toolbox features:
- Drive Information - Displays model, size, firmware, serial number, and other key drive data. Also updates SSD firmware.
- Over-provisioning - Allows allocation of SSD space to enhance endurance and performance
- SMART Status - Displays Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology status of drives
- Secure Wipe - Securely erases data from drives
- Optimize - Allows scheduling of TRIM command to optimize SSD performance
- Clone - Copies entire contents of one drive to another (coming in a future update)
To learn more about Corsair SSDs, please visit:
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS