Fremont, California - May 2, 2013 - Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components, today announced two new solid-state drive (SSD) related products. The first, the SSD & Hard Disk Drive Cloning Kit, enables users to easily duplicate and transfer data between drives. The kit, which includes a cable and software, is ideal for users upgrading from traditional hard disk drives (HDD) to faster, more rugged Corsair SSDs. In addition, the company announced the Corsair SSD Toolbox, a free software utility which enables users to configure, optimize and monitor their Corsair SSDs.
SSD & Hard Disk Drive Cloning Kit
The SSD & Hard Disk Drive Cloning Kit enables users to move data between a hard drive and SSD by simply selecting the source drive and destination drives and then clicking a button. Designed for users migrating their data to newly installed SSDs, the kit includes data migration software, a USB-to-SATA cable, and Quick Start Guide. The cable supports USB 3.0 and 2.0 delivering transfer rates up to 180MB/s with USB 3.0 ports, 4 times faster than USB 2.0.
The SSD & Hard Disk Drive Cloning Kit features:
- Support for Corsair SSDs and SATA notebook hard drives
- Compatibility with Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and OS X
- Includes data migration software, USB-to-SATA cable, and Quick Start Guide
- 3 year warranty
Corsair SSD Toolbox
The Corsair SSD Toolbox software helps Corsair SSD owners to install, configure, optimize, and monitor the health of their drives. The Windows compatible software is available as a free download from the Downloads tab of SSD product pages on http://www.corsair.com.
The Corsair SSD Toolbox features:
- Drive Information - Displays model, size, firmware, serial number, and other key drive data. Also updates SSD firmware.
- Over-provisioning - Allows allocation of SSD space to enhance endurance and performance
- SMART Status - Displays Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology status of drives
- Secure Wipe - Securely erases data from drives
- Optimize - Allows scheduling of TRIM command to optimize SSD performance
- Clone - Copies entire contents of one drive to another (coming in a future update)
To learn more about Corsair SSDs, please visit:
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines