Responding to the Demand for Next-Generation Notebooks, OCZ Introduces DDR3 Laptop Memory for High-End Mobile Systems
Sunnyvale, CA - July 7, 2007-OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced the all-new DDR3 SODIMM modules as its next generation notebook memory to support the impending Intel® Centrino® 2 mobile platform. These latest memory offerings for notebooks help reduce power consumption and increase speed and bandwidth, resulting in a higher performing laptop. As next-generation laptops are introduced in the upcoming weeks, OCZ is prepared to deliver high-performance DDR3 for these advanced gaming and professional systems.
The benefits of DDR3 memory now extends beyond desktop systems to laptops, offering increased frequencies at lower voltage requirements. OCZ's PC3-8500 and PC3-10666 SODIMM kits support enthusiast-grade performance and bring speeds to notebook systems that were previously unimaginable. Early-adopting gamers and professionals will benefit from the more productive computing experience that the combination of the new Centrino 2 technology and OCZ DDR3 modules can provide.
"The Centrino 2 platform is a logical extension of Intel's efforts spearheading DDR3 acceptance in the enthusiast segment in the desktop sector," commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology Development at OCZ Technology. "From a technical standpoint, DDR3 memory technology is far superior to DDR2, from the higher frequency range resulting in better overall system performance to the energy savings at idle stemming from loss-less termination to the supply-voltage level and resulting in paramount energy savings in the typical notebook usage pattern."
OCZ PC3-8500 SODIMM modules feature latencies of 8-8-8-27, and PC3-10666 SODIMM modules will feature 9-9-9-24 timings at a low 1.5 volts to keep power consumption at minimum levels. Both speed series will be available in 2GB modules and 4GB (2x2048MB) dual channel kits for maximized productivity with the latest games, applications, and operating systems. OCZ DDR3 SODIMMs are built to provide optimal compatibility using the highest quality components by using sophisticated screening and hand-testing to deliver exceptional system performance.
All modules and kits come backed with industry leading technical support and the OCZ Lifetime Warranty, ensuring complete product satisfaction for unparalleled peace of mind.
For additional information on the DDR3 SODIMM Series, please visit our product pages:
About OCZ Technology Group, Inc.
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- Nokia releases its Android-powered Nokia N1 tablet in Taiwan
- Target 'American Sniper' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- AMD Radeon R9 390X spotted without HBM, in an 8GB GDDR5 version
- Rockstar Games sues BBC over telemovie about being sued
- Silk Road's Ross Ulbricht asks judge for leniency, some freedom
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications