National Taiwan University Becomes Worlds First Asia-Pacific CUDA Center Of Excellence
National Taiwan University Recognized as Leading School for Parallel Computing Education and Research Using GPUs
TAIPEI, TAIWAN -JANUARY 22, 2009 - NVIDIA Corporation and National Taiwan University (NTU), one of the world's leading research universities, today announced that NTU has been named as Asia's first CUDA Center of Excellence. NTU earned this title by formally adopting NVIDIA GPU Computing solutions across its research facilities and integrating a class to teach parallel computing based on the CUDA® architecture into its educational curriculum. NTU joins previously recognized CUDA Centers of Excellence, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and University of Utah with more announcements expected in the coming weeks.
"This appointment and our adoption of GPUs will empower our academic researchers to do world-changing research," said Prof. Ji-Wang Chern, Dean for Research and Development of NTU. "This partnership with NVIDIA will help NTU improve the state of parallel computing education in Taiwan and equip the next generation of computational researchers with the tools they need to make great discoveries."
"Taiwan is the global epicenter of technology innovation and NTU is one of the key universities cultivating engineers and developers that will go on to become true pioneers in the world of IT. We are delighted to recognize their contribution by naming NTU a CUDA Center of Excellence," said David Kirk, chief scientist at NVIDIA.
Following their appointment as a CUDA Center of Excellence, NTU is uniquely positioned to educate Taiwan's next generation of computer scientists on the latest parallel programming techniques and given the increasing demand for high-tech expertise in the region, there has never been a better time to do so.
NTU is rolling out a combination of NVIDIA® Tesla GPU Computing solutions, including Tesla S1070 1U systems, and Tesla Personal Supercomputers, desktop workstations containing multiple Tesla C1060 GPU Computing processors, across several of their research facilities, including:
- NTU Dept. of Physics
- NTU Dept. of Computer Science and Information Engineering
- NTU Dept. of Electrical Engineering
- NTU Dept. of Mathematics
- NTU Center for Quantum Science and Engineering
- NTU School of Pharmacy
Across these facilities, students and researchers will investigate astronomy, quantum science, medical device research, financial option modeling, information security, molecular dynamics, and much more.
For more information on NVIDIA CUDA, visit CUDA Zone at http://www.nvidia.com/cuda
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20