National Taiwan University Becomes Worlds First Asia-Pacific CUDA Center Of Excellence
National Taiwan University Recognized as Leading School for Parallel Computing Education and Research Using GPUs
TAIPEI, TAIWAN -JANUARY 22, 2009 - NVIDIA Corporation and National Taiwan University (NTU), one of the world's leading research universities, today announced that NTU has been named as Asia's first CUDA Center of Excellence. NTU earned this title by formally adopting NVIDIA GPU Computing solutions across its research facilities and integrating a class to teach parallel computing based on the CUDA® architecture into its educational curriculum. NTU joins previously recognized CUDA Centers of Excellence, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and University of Utah with more announcements expected in the coming weeks.
"This appointment and our adoption of GPUs will empower our academic researchers to do world-changing research," said Prof. Ji-Wang Chern, Dean for Research and Development of NTU. "This partnership with NVIDIA will help NTU improve the state of parallel computing education in Taiwan and equip the next generation of computational researchers with the tools they need to make great discoveries."
"Taiwan is the global epicenter of technology innovation and NTU is one of the key universities cultivating engineers and developers that will go on to become true pioneers in the world of IT. We are delighted to recognize their contribution by naming NTU a CUDA Center of Excellence," said David Kirk, chief scientist at NVIDIA.
Following their appointment as a CUDA Center of Excellence, NTU is uniquely positioned to educate Taiwan's next generation of computer scientists on the latest parallel programming techniques and given the increasing demand for high-tech expertise in the region, there has never been a better time to do so.
NTU is rolling out a combination of NVIDIA® Tesla GPU Computing solutions, including Tesla S1070 1U systems, and Tesla Personal Supercomputers, desktop workstations containing multiple Tesla C1060 GPU Computing processors, across several of their research facilities, including:
- NTU Dept. of Physics
- NTU Dept. of Computer Science and Information Engineering
- NTU Dept. of Electrical Engineering
- NTU Dept. of Mathematics
- NTU Center for Quantum Science and Engineering
- NTU School of Pharmacy
Across these facilities, students and researchers will investigate astronomy, quantum science, medical device research, financial option modeling, information security, molecular dynamics, and much more.
For more information on NVIDIA CUDA, visit CUDA Zone at http://www.nvidia.com/cuda
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
Latest News Posts
- Comcast offers fiber to a US city after suing it for making its own
- Eve opens up donations of in-game currency towards Nepal aid
- PAYDAY 2 just released its 21st DLC - 'The Butcher's Western Pack'
- The new Force Awakens trailer with a terrible twist - Jar Jar Binks
- David Goldberg, cheif executive of SurveyMonkey passes away
- HIS MusiX Air Wireless Bluetooth IPX7 Water Resistant Speaker Review
- Wake on lan problem
- GB G97x ud5 bk with Kingston Hyperx Predator SHPM2280p2H/240g pcie ssd
- Crucial C300 and M4 dont work together on Asrock Z68 Extreme4en3
- Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming-3 RAM problem with Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP
- CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE ASCENDANCE AVAILABLE NOW ON PLAYSTATION AND PC
- ESL Mortal Kombat X launch event establishes title as a force in fighting game esports
- PLEX for GOOD - Nepal Earthquake Relief
- The 21st DLC for PAYDAY 2, "The Butcher's Western Pack" launched on Steam April 30th
- COUGAR celebrates first year in Gaming Peripherals, announces exciting future