Sharkoon is expanding their range of affordable flash drives and introduces the new "Flexi-Drive GO" series. Additionally, the existing USB flash drive series was revised and now offers an improved read/write performance. Also new: The Flexi-Drive Ultimate is now available with 256 gigabytes.
The "Flexi-Drive GO" is a downwards compatible USB 3.0 flash drive, which replaces the manufacturer's previous USB 2.0 drives. Sharkoon thus focuses exclusively on the latest transfer standard and consequently removes USB 2.0 drives out of their program. The drives offer the latest transfer performance but are priced the same as the USB 2.0 standard of the previous series. They are available in 8, 16, 32 and 64 gigabytes. The Flexi-Drive GO, through USB 3.0, reaches a read rate of up to 80 MB/s and a write rate of up to 10 MB/s. The 8 GB version achieves a write rate of up to 5 MB/s. They support the operating systems Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OS 10.x and Linux from Kernel 2.4. Dimensions are 55 x 18 x 8 mm (L x W x H) and weighs around 7 grams.
Also newly available is the "Flexi-Drive Sprint Plus" series, which has been technically upgraded and now offers a better write/read performance than its "Sprint" predecessor. With USB 3.0, its reaches a maximum read speed of 190 MB/s and a write speed of 40 MB/s. The 16 GB version achieves a maximum write speed of up to 20 MB/s. The Flexi-Drive Sprint Plus is available from 16 GB to 64 GB.
Already on the market, the Flexi-Drive Ultimate is now available for purchase with 256 gigabytes. With its USB 3.0 transfer speed, it reaches a maximum read speed of up to 250 MB/s and a write speed of up to150 MB/s. The suggested retail price is 279 euros.
End customers will find the Sharkoon Flexi-Drive flash sticks available for the suggested retail price starting at 9.99 euros from authorized retailers.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Rise for 'Kong' in first 'Skull Island' trailer
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard