ASUS today announced the GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU Mini, a compact high-performance graphics card designed primarily for small form factor PCs with mini ITX motherboards. The dual-slot card measures just 17cm and features the NVIDIA GTX 670 GPU for DirectX 11.1-compatible gaming. The reference GTX 670 measures 24.13cm, for comparison.
Small form factor PCs based on mini ITX motherboards are a popular choice for gamers and home users. Their compact cases are much easier to transport to LAN parties than a standard desktop PC, and stylish designs with comparatively low power requirements make them a natural choice for home theater PCs. The ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU Mini is designed to maximize the potential offered by mini ITX motherboards by delivering high performance graphics. It uses an exclusive DirectCU thermal design that combines a heat-spreading vapor chamber and the CoolTech Fan, which provides wide-angle airflow and venting to cool critical graphics card components.
New DirectCU Mini with vapor chamber and CoolTech Fan
ASUS has re-engineered the DirectCU cooler to fit small form factor cases. While shorter, it introduces a copper vapor chamber placed directly on top of the GPU for faster heat spreading and dispersal with 20% (or 7.5∘C) lower temperatures than reference GTX 670. Also new is the CoolTech Fan, a blower/axial crossover. Its inclusion translates into wide-angle and powerful airflow that keeps vital card components cool, with heat vented through the back and top of the card. It also provides three times quieter operation, all within a limited space.
Direct Power and Super Alloy Power for stable and durable performance
Taking advantage of its smaller form factor, the ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU Mini uses Direct Power technology, which bridges power delivery components and the GPU for clean and efficient power supply, delivering 56% lower impedance and a 15% cooler PCB. Super Alloy Power capacitors, chokes, and MOSFETs are hardened against heat and stress, averaging 2.5 times the lifespan of generic parts.
GPU Tweak quick and easy graphics tuning
Exclusive graphics card tuning utility GPU Tweak is bundled with the ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU Mini. An intuitive interface makes changing core and clock frequencies, fan speeds, voltages, and power consumption targets easy, helping get more performance out of the graphics card. Game-specific profiles can be created, which combined with effortless overclocking help LAN party goers maximize performance for competitive engagements.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel hits record $14.8 billion second quarter earnings
- Battlegrounds on Xbox One X: 30-40FPS with 100 in server
- Full PC with AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper starts at just $1699
- AMD Ryzen 5 2500U spotted, new APU rocks Vega GPU tech
- AMD Radeon RX Vega could be priced at up to $850
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers