Sydney, Mar. 27, 2013 - LG Electronics (LG) has moved to number three in global market share for smartphone wholesale revenue.
Attributing its success to its strong focus and leadership in 4G/LTE technology and successful 4G/LTE product line-up, LG is excited with its rapid growth and will continue to enhance its current position in the marketplace during 2013.
Over the past 12 months, LG has seen an incredible performance in the mobile communications category that has allowed the company to move up five places in the global rankings to the number three position.
In Australia, LG's three-tiered strategy will be led by its flagship model, Optimus G, to target the premium segment while the F and the refreshed L series range will be positioned as mass audience smartphones for 4G and 3G consumers, respectively.
"These latest market share results prove that LG is once again a serious player in the mobile communications space. We've set high benchmarks this year, and with our product line-up, are confident we can achieve them," says Lambro Skropidis, Marketing General Manager for LG Australia.
LG is the number three manufacturer in terms of global smartphone wholesale revenue as of Q4, 2012. With 3.2 per cent, LG trails only Apple and Samsung (42.7 per cent and 28.7 per cent respectively).
In descending order from fourth place are HTC (2.9 per cent), Sony (2.8 per cent), Blackberry (2.3 per cent), Nokia (2.2 per cent), and Motorola (1.9 per cent); while a number of smaller players account for the remaining 13.2 per cent.
LG's latest offering, Optimus G, is available now exclusively on the Telstra network. 'THE SUPERPHONE' is also available to purchase at Telstra stores, Fone Zone, Leading Edge, and JB Hi-Fi retailers.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's Nokia 230 is here and it's $55
- Law student caught trying to hack and change his marks for the better
- Black Friday, $500 off Eurocom laptop with Desktop i7 CPU and GTX 980
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader