March 2013 - Milpitas, CA - HighPoint Technologies is now shipping the Industry's first USB 3.0 Storage HBA available for Mac OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion - the RocketU 1144CM. This third generation, PCIe 2.0 x4 RAID HBA delivers HighPoint's industry-leading 5Gb/s per-port performance and supports up to 4 external USB SSD's, hard drives or Enclosures.
USB 3.0 RAID Solution for Mac OS X 10.8x Mountain Lion
HighPoint's ground breaking RocketU 1144CM is the industry's first USB 3.0 Storage HBA designed specifically for Mac Pro workstation platforms and Mac OS x Mountain Lion. Device drivers are readily available for OS X 10.6.x and later, including the latest revisions of the 10.8.x operating system.
Powered by HighPoint's 3rd Generation USB HBA architecture, the RocketU 1144CM delivers the fastest SATA performance possible over USB 3.0 connectivity, and is ideal for performance intensive applications including media editing and high-speed external backup. The built-in Hot-Plug and Hot-Swap support allows you to quickly transferring large files between the workstation and MacBooks or media capture devices.
Dedicated 5Gb/s per-port Performance
HighPoint's innovative 4-Port HBA architecture delivers revolutionary USB 3.0 performance. Unlike conventional USB 3.0 HBA's, each port has a dedicated USB 3.0 SuperSpeed controller, and delivers the fastest SATA performance possible over USB connectivity. The four independent 5Gb/s USB 3.0 Type-A connectors can be used simultaneously, and deliver an unprecedented transfer bandwidth of 20Gb/s; ideal for multi-drive configurations of high-performance SATA 6Gb/s SSD's and hard drives.
Complete Host to Device USB 3.0 Storage Solutions
The RocketU 1144CM is the perfect companion for the RocketStor 5122B, the Industry's fastest dual-bay USB 3.0 storage dock. Both devices capitalize on HighPoint's unique USB 3.0 architecture to ensure 5Gb/s transfer bandwidth for each SATA device.
Each RocketU 1144C can support up to two RocketStor 5122B storage docks - ideal for configurations calling for two or more 6Gb/s SATA SSD's and high-capacity 4TB hard disk drives. Each RocketU 1144CM includes HighPoint's intuitive Web-based management interface, which allows administrators to quickly create and manage a variety of storage configurations including RAID 0, 1, JBOD, as well as individual drives.
Availability and Pricing
RocketU HBA's and RocketStor Storage Docks are available immediately from our worldwide network of Distribution and Reseller channels.
Distribution Channels: ASI, D&H Distribution, MaLabs, E-Commerce Channels: Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, B&H, Newegg.com
RocketU 1144CM - USD$ 149.99
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Twitter kills Vine app, web version still available
- Titanfall 2 for PC, up to 20% off for Friday's release
- Final Fantasy XV has gone gold, will have online co-op
- AMD's new Radeon Pro 400 series finds a home with Apple
- Nintendo Switch may use USB Type-C for power
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications