March 2013 - Milpitas, CA - HighPoint Technologies is now shipping the Industry's first USB 3.0 Storage HBA available for Mac OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion - the RocketU 1144CM. This third generation, PCIe 2.0 x4 RAID HBA delivers HighPoint's industry-leading 5Gb/s per-port performance and supports up to 4 external USB SSD's, hard drives or Enclosures.
USB 3.0 RAID Solution for Mac OS X 10.8x Mountain Lion
HighPoint's ground breaking RocketU 1144CM is the industry's first USB 3.0 Storage HBA designed specifically for Mac Pro workstation platforms and Mac OS x Mountain Lion. Device drivers are readily available for OS X 10.6.x and later, including the latest revisions of the 10.8.x operating system.
Powered by HighPoint's 3rd Generation USB HBA architecture, the RocketU 1144CM delivers the fastest SATA performance possible over USB 3.0 connectivity, and is ideal for performance intensive applications including media editing and high-speed external backup. The built-in Hot-Plug and Hot-Swap support allows you to quickly transferring large files between the workstation and MacBooks or media capture devices.
Dedicated 5Gb/s per-port Performance
HighPoint's innovative 4-Port HBA architecture delivers revolutionary USB 3.0 performance. Unlike conventional USB 3.0 HBA's, each port has a dedicated USB 3.0 SuperSpeed controller, and delivers the fastest SATA performance possible over USB connectivity. The four independent 5Gb/s USB 3.0 Type-A connectors can be used simultaneously, and deliver an unprecedented transfer bandwidth of 20Gb/s; ideal for multi-drive configurations of high-performance SATA 6Gb/s SSD's and hard drives.
Complete Host to Device USB 3.0 Storage Solutions
The RocketU 1144CM is the perfect companion for the RocketStor 5122B, the Industry's fastest dual-bay USB 3.0 storage dock. Both devices capitalize on HighPoint's unique USB 3.0 architecture to ensure 5Gb/s transfer bandwidth for each SATA device.
Each RocketU 1144C can support up to two RocketStor 5122B storage docks - ideal for configurations calling for two or more 6Gb/s SATA SSD's and high-capacity 4TB hard disk drives. Each RocketU 1144CM includes HighPoint's intuitive Web-based management interface, which allows administrators to quickly create and manage a variety of storage configurations including RAID 0, 1, JBOD, as well as individual drives.
Availability and Pricing
RocketU HBA's and RocketStor Storage Docks are available immediately from our worldwide network of Distribution and Reseller channels.
Distribution Channels: ASI, D&H Distribution, MaLabs, E-Commerce Channels: Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, B&H, Newegg.com
RocketU 1144CM - USD$ 149.99
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league