AVerMedia Technologies, Inc., the preeminent name in digital multimedia technology, today announced the Live Gamer Portable, a stylish palm-sized USB box used to record and stream HD gameplay from both gaming PCs and consoles, yet with a remarkably affordable price. Unlike other capture boxes, the Live Gamer Portable provides the option of "PC-Free Mode", allowing the user to record gameplay without a PC. Just flip the switch, insert an SD card, and you are ready to go! Under PC-Free Mode, Live Gamer Portable can be powered by your game platform via USB, with no additional power outlet needed.
Live Gamer Portable features wide connectivity, hardware compression capability and an intuitive user interface, designed to satisfy all kinds of gaming enthusiasts. Whether used with a PC or standalone, Live Gamer Portable allows easy gameplay preserving and sharing at home, friends' places, in competition venues or wherever you play. Stock is expected to arrive in mid-April, with review samples due slightly earlier.
Pursuit of performance and efficiency
Live Gamer Portable is a compact designed capture device supporting video input up to 1080p@60. Its HDMI and component inputs as well as wide resolution support make it applicable for most gaming platforms including desktop, laptop, Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U. Moreover, its on-board H.264 hardware encoder guarantees lower CPU usage and stable frame rates even while recording and streaming, in keeping with gamers' necessity for smooth in-game viewing experiences. Live Gamer Portable generates small-sized MP4 files making video uploading and editing more quick and efficient, especially useful for those who like to share.
The built-in 'hot button' and LED indicators are further intuitive features of Live Gamer Portable. Gamers can start to record or stream with the one-touch start button, and remain aware of the working status with a quick glance at the LED light indicator.
Ultimate portability and PC-free mode
Live Gamer Portable serves as a respectable capture device in your gaming setup at home, but where it really shines is its mobility. Weighing just 117g, Live Gamer Portable is lighter than most mobile phones. By drawing its power from a gaming PC or console via USB cable, it can be carried and used easily anywhere you play. Live Gamer Portable's PC-free mode can record gameplay directly to an SD card with video quality up to 720p, which is unrivalled in the market for on-the-go recording.
Intuitive software and hardware design
Equipped with AVerMedia's exclusive RECentral software, Live Gamer Portable facilitates the live streaming process with intuitive settings. It is capable of broadcasting live gameplay with commentary to TwitchTV and Ustream directly with your own account, and even allows custom RTMP settings. On top of this, Live Gamer Portable is also fully compatible with XSplit Broadcaster to offer advanced streaming functionalities. Sharing your gameplay with Live Gamer Portable has never been easier.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Nintendo admits it has to communicate better with the NX
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- Steam allows No Man's Sky refunds regardless of playtime
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller