AVerMedia Technologies, Inc., the preeminent name in digital multimedia technology, today announced the Live Gamer Portable, a stylish palm-sized USB box used to record and stream HD gameplay from both gaming PCs and consoles, yet with a remarkably affordable price. Unlike other capture boxes, the Live Gamer Portable provides the option of "PC-Free Mode", allowing the user to record gameplay without a PC. Just flip the switch, insert an SD card, and you are ready to go! Under PC-Free Mode, Live Gamer Portable can be powered by your game platform via USB, with no additional power outlet needed.
Live Gamer Portable features wide connectivity, hardware compression capability and an intuitive user interface, designed to satisfy all kinds of gaming enthusiasts. Whether used with a PC or standalone, Live Gamer Portable allows easy gameplay preserving and sharing at home, friends' places, in competition venues or wherever you play. Stock is expected to arrive in mid-April, with review samples due slightly earlier.
Pursuit of performance and efficiency
Live Gamer Portable is a compact designed capture device supporting video input up to 1080p@60. Its HDMI and component inputs as well as wide resolution support make it applicable for most gaming platforms including desktop, laptop, Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U. Moreover, its on-board H.264 hardware encoder guarantees lower CPU usage and stable frame rates even while recording and streaming, in keeping with gamers' necessity for smooth in-game viewing experiences. Live Gamer Portable generates small-sized MP4 files making video uploading and editing more quick and efficient, especially useful for those who like to share.
The built-in 'hot button' and LED indicators are further intuitive features of Live Gamer Portable. Gamers can start to record or stream with the one-touch start button, and remain aware of the working status with a quick glance at the LED light indicator.
Ultimate portability and PC-free mode
Live Gamer Portable serves as a respectable capture device in your gaming setup at home, but where it really shines is its mobility. Weighing just 117g, Live Gamer Portable is lighter than most mobile phones. By drawing its power from a gaming PC or console via USB cable, it can be carried and used easily anywhere you play. Live Gamer Portable's PC-free mode can record gameplay directly to an SD card with video quality up to 720p, which is unrivalled in the market for on-the-go recording.
Intuitive software and hardware design
Equipped with AVerMedia's exclusive RECentral software, Live Gamer Portable facilitates the live streaming process with intuitive settings. It is capable of broadcasting live gameplay with commentary to TwitchTV and Ustream directly with your own account, and even allows custom RTMP settings. On top of this, Live Gamer Portable is also fully compatible with XSplit Broadcaster to offer advanced streaming functionalities. Sharing your gameplay with Live Gamer Portable has never been easier.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX will launch with a 'full software lineup'
- Apple stock is tanking, with large investor pulling his money out
- PC gaming continues to make more money than consoles
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- NVIDIA's next-gen video cards will be available at retail in June
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched