AMD today announced a collaboration with Crystal Dynamics following the launch of "Tomb Raider," one of the most highly anticipated PC games of 2013, and part of the AMD Gaming Evolved program. AMD and Crystal Dynamics worked together extensively on the development of "Tomb Raider," most notably with TressFX Hair, the world's first in-game implementation of a real-time, per-strand hair physics system. This leading-edge technology imparts one of the most iconic video game characters, Lara Croft, with an astonishingly lifelike appearance. With AMD Radeon graphics, gamers can unleash the full potential of this next-generation technology.
"With the launch of 'Tomb Raider' and TressFX Hair, AMD and Crystal Dynamics have radically pushed the boundaries of realism in the PC gaming experience," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Graphics. "Over the past several months, AMD has proven that the Gaming Evolved program is set to full throttle, and today's launch is a testament to AMD's ingenuity and innovation. Our team is working with the finest game developers in the world to ensure AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series graphics deliver the ultimate PC gaming experience."
AMD Radeon Graphics Core Next (GCN) is the ideal architecture for outstanding "Tomb Raider" performance. Built with numerous compute-driven effects like High Definition Ambient Occlusion (HDAO) and Depth of Field (DOF), "Tomb Raider" uniquely exploits the computing strengths of GCN architecture and the AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series, enabling an unrivaled gaming experience. "Tomb Raider" also fully supports AMD CrossFire technology, immersive AMD Eyefinity multidisplay technology and AMD HD3D stereo 3D. What's more, it is the first game in the franchise to take full advantage of DirectX 11, a direct result of Crystal Dynamic's collaboration with AMD Gaming Evolved.
"AMD and the Square Enix Studios, including Crystal Dynamics, have a long successful history of collaboration, starting with 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution' from Eidos Montreal," said Darrell Gallagher, studio head, Crystal Dynamics. "We continue this close PC gaming relationship with the latest edition of 'Tomb Raider.' The AMD Gaming Evolved engineers and the team at Crystal Dynamics worked for months to make TressFX Hair a reality - with tremendous success. We hope that gamers can best take advantage of the dynamic realism we've brought to Lara through AMD Radeon and Graphics Core Next."
"Never Settle: Reloaded" Redemption
Coupons for "Tomb Raider" included in the AMD Radeon "Never Settle: Reloaded" bundle are provided by resellers in select regions1 when customers purchase select AMD Radeon HD 7900 and HD 7800 Series graphics cards, and coupons can be redeemed on the AMD redemption portal.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015