New York, NY - February 26, 2013 - Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced that Barnes & Noble stores across the country will celebrate the National Education Association's (NEA) Read Across America annual reading motivation and awareness program with a special NOOK offer, Dr. Seuss Storytime events and activities storewide during the month of March.
The "Hats Off to Reading" celebrations will include a reading of Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat, fun "cat-tivities" provided by Random House, and treats from the Barnes & Noble Cafe. Events will feature demonstrations of The Cat in the Hat interactive NOOK Book and other Dr. Seuss titles, as well as fun Dr. Seuss apps available in the NOOK Store, a sure-fire way to keep even the littlest fans enthralled.
Additionally, as a thank-you for supporting literacy and reading, customers attending any Barnes & Noble Read Across America event will receive a $25 NOOK gift card with the purchase of NOOK HD, perfect for experiencing Dr. Seuss's interactive Read to Me NOOK Books, apps, and even movie favorites like The Lorax on NOOK Video in beautiful HD clarity. NOOK HD offers everything customers want in a tablet, with millions of books, apps, movies, TV shows, magazines and more on its must-see full HD 7-inch screen. Offered in the colors "Snow" and "Smoke," and featuring great battery life and expandable memory for even more storage, NOOK HD is available for $199 (8GB) and $229 (16GB), and is now an even greater value with a free $25 NOOK Gift Card (limit 5 per customer).
"While most of the NEA's Read Across America events are traditionally held on March 2 to honor the birthday of beloved children's author Dr. Seuss, we gave our booksellers the option of hosting it anytime in March so they could join local teachers, librarians, literacy organizations and families at events being held in their communities," said Sarah DiFrancesco, Director of Business Development for Barnes & Noble. "It's so enjoyable seeing kids' faces light up as they experience the world of literature. And there's no better advocate for learning and imagination than Dr. Seuss," she added.
Customers interested in attending this event may contact their local Barnes & Noble or visit the Barnes & Noble Store Locator (http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com) for store locations and details. Events are free and open to the public. No purchase is required to participate.
NEA's Read Across America also provides NEA members, parents, caregivers and children the resources and activities they need to keep reading on the calendar 365 days a year. In cities and towns across the nation, teachers, teenagers, librarians, politicians, actors, athletes, parents, grandparents and others participate in NEA's Read Across America activities to bring reading excitement to children of all ages. Over 45 million people participated in 2012.
Latest News Posts
- US Air Force testing 3D glasses to more accurately pick targets
- Report: 29 million healthcare records compromised in past four years
- NBA 2K15 predicts the Golden State Warriors will win NBA championship
- Small businesses plagued by successful ransomware cyberattacks
- Microsoft Bing search engine now has more than 20% market share in US
- ray ban Outlet
- Advice for Asrock N68C-GS4FX
- AsRock H67M-ITX PCIe port not working
- B85M-ITX cannot boot with usb hard drive attached
- Strontium Nitro iDrive 64GB iOS Flash Drive Review
- OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD Premieres at NAB 2015
- HP Introduces WS Storage Advancement, Mobile WS and Professional Displays
- NEC Introduces Two New AccuSync LED-backlit Monitors
- BIOSTAR Releases the H81MDC-LSP Motherboard
- HGST Ships NVM Express Compliant Solid-State Drives