New York, NY - February 26, 2013 - Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced that Barnes & Noble stores across the country will celebrate the National Education Association's (NEA) Read Across America annual reading motivation and awareness program with a special NOOK offer, Dr. Seuss Storytime events and activities storewide during the month of March.
The "Hats Off to Reading" celebrations will include a reading of Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat, fun "cat-tivities" provided by Random House, and treats from the Barnes & Noble Cafe. Events will feature demonstrations of The Cat in the Hat interactive NOOK Book and other Dr. Seuss titles, as well as fun Dr. Seuss apps available in the NOOK Store, a sure-fire way to keep even the littlest fans enthralled.
Additionally, as a thank-you for supporting literacy and reading, customers attending any Barnes & Noble Read Across America event will receive a $25 NOOK gift card with the purchase of NOOK HD, perfect for experiencing Dr. Seuss's interactive Read to Me NOOK Books, apps, and even movie favorites like The Lorax on NOOK Video in beautiful HD clarity. NOOK HD offers everything customers want in a tablet, with millions of books, apps, movies, TV shows, magazines and more on its must-see full HD 7-inch screen. Offered in the colors "Snow" and "Smoke," and featuring great battery life and expandable memory for even more storage, NOOK HD is available for $199 (8GB) and $229 (16GB), and is now an even greater value with a free $25 NOOK Gift Card (limit 5 per customer).
"While most of the NEA's Read Across America events are traditionally held on March 2 to honor the birthday of beloved children's author Dr. Seuss, we gave our booksellers the option of hosting it anytime in March so they could join local teachers, librarians, literacy organizations and families at events being held in their communities," said Sarah DiFrancesco, Director of Business Development for Barnes & Noble. "It's so enjoyable seeing kids' faces light up as they experience the world of literature. And there's no better advocate for learning and imagination than Dr. Seuss," she added.
Customers interested in attending this event may contact their local Barnes & Noble or visit the Barnes & Noble Store Locator (http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com) for store locations and details. Events are free and open to the public. No purchase is required to participate.
NEA's Read Across America also provides NEA members, parents, caregivers and children the resources and activities they need to keep reading on the calendar 365 days a year. In cities and towns across the nation, teachers, teenagers, librarians, politicians, actors, athletes, parents, grandparents and others participate in NEA's Read Across America activities to bring reading excitement to children of all ages. Over 45 million people participated in 2012.
Latest News Posts
- Project Cars 2 is rumored to already be in development
- Criminals receiving bitcoin ransom payments converting money fast
- LG's G4 should cost around $800, a little more than the Galaxy S6 edge
- Lenovo's new K80 smartphone features 4GB of RAM, 4000mAh battery
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- SilverStone Fortress SST-FT05B-W Full-Tower Chassis Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Error Code 10 and 15
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X