New York, NY - February 26, 2013 - Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced that Barnes & Noble stores across the country will celebrate the National Education Association's (NEA) Read Across America annual reading motivation and awareness program with a special NOOK offer, Dr. Seuss Storytime events and activities storewide during the month of March.
The "Hats Off to Reading" celebrations will include a reading of Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat, fun "cat-tivities" provided by Random House, and treats from the Barnes & Noble Cafe. Events will feature demonstrations of The Cat in the Hat interactive NOOK Book and other Dr. Seuss titles, as well as fun Dr. Seuss apps available in the NOOK Store, a sure-fire way to keep even the littlest fans enthralled.
Additionally, as a thank-you for supporting literacy and reading, customers attending any Barnes & Noble Read Across America event will receive a $25 NOOK gift card with the purchase of NOOK HD, perfect for experiencing Dr. Seuss's interactive Read to Me NOOK Books, apps, and even movie favorites like The Lorax on NOOK Video in beautiful HD clarity. NOOK HD offers everything customers want in a tablet, with millions of books, apps, movies, TV shows, magazines and more on its must-see full HD 7-inch screen. Offered in the colors "Snow" and "Smoke," and featuring great battery life and expandable memory for even more storage, NOOK HD is available for $199 (8GB) and $229 (16GB), and is now an even greater value with a free $25 NOOK Gift Card (limit 5 per customer).
"While most of the NEA's Read Across America events are traditionally held on March 2 to honor the birthday of beloved children's author Dr. Seuss, we gave our booksellers the option of hosting it anytime in March so they could join local teachers, librarians, literacy organizations and families at events being held in their communities," said Sarah DiFrancesco, Director of Business Development for Barnes & Noble. "It's so enjoyable seeing kids' faces light up as they experience the world of literature. And there's no better advocate for learning and imagination than Dr. Seuss," she added.
Customers interested in attending this event may contact their local Barnes & Noble or visit the Barnes & Noble Store Locator (http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com) for store locations and details. Events are free and open to the public. No purchase is required to participate.
NEA's Read Across America also provides NEA members, parents, caregivers and children the resources and activities they need to keep reading on the calendar 365 days a year. In cities and towns across the nation, teachers, teenagers, librarians, politicians, actors, athletes, parents, grandparents and others participate in NEA's Read Across America activities to bring reading excitement to children of all ages. Over 45 million people participated in 2012.
Latest News Posts
- Julian Assange won't be given asylum in France
- Free Course! Learn Essential Programming Skills for Entrepreneurs
- Star Wars: Battlefront screenshots in 4K look absolutely incredible
- Stealing keys through the help of 3D printing is a possibility
- Sharkoon offers a mouse and bungee with USB hub for under $55
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- Power loss - Event 41 Kernel Power
- ASRock Beebox (N3000) Fanless Small Form Factor PC Review
- AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Video Cards in CrossFire
- Akitio Thunder2 Quad Mini External Storage Enclosure Review
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros
- SMITE on Xbox One will have Australian Servers with Open Beta launch next Week
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors