NVIDIA ION Recognized As Industry-Changing Technology By LAPTOP Magazine
NVIDIA ION Platform Named "Best Enabling Technology" of 2009 Consumer Electronics Show
SANTA CLARA, CA-JANUARY 20, 2009-CES attendees stopped in their tracks to admire breathtaking HD video running on a 50-inch display, but the real shock came when they realized that those images came from a PC the size of a paperback book. They had never seen such amazing graphics from such a tiny PC. That's why the NVIDIA ION platform - which offers unprecedented capabilities in a palm-sized PC - attracted outsized attention at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show. Among a flurry of media accolades, LAPTOP Magazine named the ION platform "Best Enabling Technology" at the show.
The ION platform unlocks the power of Intel's Atom CPU by combining it with the NVIDIA® GeForce 9400 GPU. Press and industry experts agree that the ION platform provides amazing capabilities for mini-notebooks, which today offer only basic functionality. With the ION platform, notebook and small form factor PCs deliver the same features as premium PCs, including superb HD video, photo and video editing, and support for popular PC games.
After seeing it in action at CES, The Tech Report wrote that the ION platform "has the potential to endow compact, inexpensive Atom-based systems with new levels of competency." Hot Hardware considers ION "a home run in the making." Legit Reviews called NVIDIA's ION reference PC "one of the most interesting PC designs that we have seen in years," and TechGage honored it with a "Best of CES 2009" award.1
In addition to rave reviews from online media, LAPTOP Magazine recognized the GeForce 9400 GPU, the foundation of the ION platform, with a Mobile Innovation Award in its January issue.
The GeForce 9400 GPU in the ION platform is up to ten times faster than existing netbooks with integrated graphics. As a result, the ION platform offers capabilities found in premium notebook PCs, including:
- Superb full-spec 1080p high definition video playback
- Support for popular PC games such as Call of Duty 4, World of WarCraft, The Sims 2, and Spore
- Windows Vista Premium and the upcoming Windows 7
- Faster photo and video editing with Adobe Creative Suite 4
The GeForce 9400 GPU provides all of these capabilities in about one-half of the space of today's Atom CPU-based solutions with minimal affect on battery life.
A new generation of affordable PCs built around the ION platform is expected to be released by summer of 2009. Consumers should contact their favorite PC manufacturer to inquire about the availability of notebooks, net-tops, and small form factor PCs featuring the ION platform.
1 Story links: http://www.techreport.com/discussions.x/16207; http://hothardware.com/Articles/NVIDIAs-Ion-Small-FormFactor-PC-Platform-/; http://www.legitreviews.com/article/876/1/; and http://techgage.com/article/best_of_ces_2009/
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched