SANTA CLARA, Calif. and BARCELONA, Spain, February 20, 2013 - Mobile World Congress 2013 - Analogix Semiconductor, the market leader in enabling DisplayPort solutions, announced that along with the Google Nexus 4, the Optimus G Pro smartphone is the next Slimport-enabled device from LG to provide easy connectivity to HDMI TVs, VGA projectors and DisplayPort monitors.
"With SlimPort, LG is able to deliver unprecedented functionality at a lower cost, because of its streamlined design and standard USB connector," said Dr. Ramchan Woo, division leader/smart phone platform division of LG Mobile Communications Company. "SlimPort unleashes content from the Optimus G Pro smartphone, making it a snap to share and enjoy videos, games, photos and more on any screen."
Based on the VESA DisplayPort standard, SlimPort accessories enable smartphones and tablet to output HD audio and video from the micro-USB port to HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort or DVI-enabled TBs, projectors and monitors. As a result, mobile users can enjoy theater-quality HD video and audio from any-sized display, without draining the power of the mobile device.
"The mobile market is innovating at a rapid pace and LG Smartphone is leading this market," said Andre Bouwer, vice president of marketing for Analogix. "LG's Optimus G Pro is a powerful and versatile smartphone, and the inclusion of SlimPort makes it an extraordinary value for consumers and business professionals alike."
Latest News Posts
- BlackBerry expanding software products for Apple iOS, Google Android
- Qualcomm teams up with Cyanogen for new 'Reference Design' products
- Sony announces its Xperia Z4 Tablet, featuring a 10.1-inch 2K display
- We go hands-on with the new Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone at MWC 2015
- Windows 10 will have support for USB 3.1 Type-C soon
- Asrock z97 extreme6 & vga
- Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Intel 82579V Gbit LAN Firmware Update Guide
- Dummy put Wrong processor in 1333-d667
- Underappreciated gaming accessories and over-hyped marketing terms
- asrock p67 transformer mobo & overclocking i5 750
- Moshi iLynx 3.0: 4-port USB 3.0 Hits Australia and New Zealand
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees