Sydney, Feb. 18, 2013 - LG Electronics (LG) has announced it has sold an Optimus L Series device globally every second over the past two months, propelling global sales of the popular smartphones to over 15 million units. Since its launch at Mobile World Congress (MWC) last year, Optimus L Series smartphones have become the device of choice for individuals around the world who favour a well-balanced smartphone with a unique design. Building on this momentum, LG will unveil a new generation of the stylish series at MWC 2013 with an upgraded design and improved features.
The Optimus L SeriesII will carry on the legacy of its predecessor, offering a user experience unique to LG smartphones. The Optimus L3II, Optimus L5II and Optimus L7II all feature a comfortable contour with laser-etched details in a slim unibody design. The sleek devices are also differentiated by smart LED lighting around the home button*.
"The success of the Optimus L Series globally confirms our belief that there is a market for well-balanced smartphones that represent unique consumer tastes," said Jonathan Banks, Head of Mobile Communications at LG Electronics Australia. "The new Optimus L SeriesII expands upon the design philosophy of the original series so we're confident that LG will have another hit on its hands. In Australia, the launch of the first range of L Series devices (L2 Dual Sim, L3, L5, L7 and L9) has delivered fantastic growth for the local business. Based on market share, LG Mobile is now the number two smartphone brand for 'pre-paid' customers and the number three player in the Android ecosystem off the back of the 2012 launch of these handsets."
The new Optimus L SeriesII smartphones will be unveiled at Mobile World Congress later this month. Visitors to MWC are encouraged to see these new models up close at the LG booth in Hall 3.
Latest News Posts
- Report: Trent Reznor will be point man to relaunch Beats Music
- GameStop: Gamers won't have as many console bundles in 2015
- North Korea denies hacking South Korean nuclear power company
- 3D Robotics releases DroneKit open source API for app development
- UNICEF launches Kid Power campaign utilizing wearables
- Z68 bios update to 2.2 no win boot.. where is old bios (1.40)
- KLevv Genuine 2666MHz DDR3 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- X99 USB3.0 boot loop / general USB issues (Gaming 7 WIFI)
- 970 pro3+ crazy temps
- Using two different ram kits together
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi