Sydney, Feb. 18, 2013 - LG Electronics (LG) has announced it has sold an Optimus L Series device globally every second over the past two months, propelling global sales of the popular smartphones to over 15 million units. Since its launch at Mobile World Congress (MWC) last year, Optimus L Series smartphones have become the device of choice for individuals around the world who favour a well-balanced smartphone with a unique design. Building on this momentum, LG will unveil a new generation of the stylish series at MWC 2013 with an upgraded design and improved features.
The Optimus L SeriesII will carry on the legacy of its predecessor, offering a user experience unique to LG smartphones. The Optimus L3II, Optimus L5II and Optimus L7II all feature a comfortable contour with laser-etched details in a slim unibody design. The sleek devices are also differentiated by smart LED lighting around the home button*.
"The success of the Optimus L Series globally confirms our belief that there is a market for well-balanced smartphones that represent unique consumer tastes," said Jonathan Banks, Head of Mobile Communications at LG Electronics Australia. "The new Optimus L SeriesII expands upon the design philosophy of the original series so we're confident that LG will have another hit on its hands. In Australia, the launch of the first range of L Series devices (L2 Dual Sim, L3, L5, L7 and L9) has delivered fantastic growth for the local business. Based on market share, LG Mobile is now the number two smartphone brand for 'pre-paid' customers and the number three player in the Android ecosystem off the back of the 2012 launch of these handsets."
The new Optimus L SeriesII smartphones will be unveiled at Mobile World Congress later this month. Visitors to MWC are encouraged to see these new models up close at the LG booth in Hall 3.
Latest News Posts
- Guillermo del Toro says that Silent Hills "is not gonna happen"
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is official, beta available soon
- Swedish CS:GO pro Fifflaren is keeping busy - joins American team
- ESL announce $100,000 EVOLVE Xbox One competition
- UberX gets unbanned from Portland, now with a new $1 Safe Rides Fee
- Error when updating Intel Management Engine software for Ivy Bridge CPU install
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- Seven World Top Casemodders Go Head to Head at the "2015 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational"
- GIGABYTE Hosts X99 CHAMPION CHALLENGE on HWBOT.org. Tweak your GIGABYTE X99 Systems for Big Cash Prizes
- Acer Reveals New Back-To-School Product Range at the Inaugural "next@acer" Event in New York
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!