Sydney, Feb. 18, 2013 - LG Electronics (LG) has announced it has sold an Optimus L Series device globally every second over the past two months, propelling global sales of the popular smartphones to over 15 million units. Since its launch at Mobile World Congress (MWC) last year, Optimus L Series smartphones have become the device of choice for individuals around the world who favour a well-balanced smartphone with a unique design. Building on this momentum, LG will unveil a new generation of the stylish series at MWC 2013 with an upgraded design and improved features.
The Optimus L SeriesII will carry on the legacy of its predecessor, offering a user experience unique to LG smartphones. The Optimus L3II, Optimus L5II and Optimus L7II all feature a comfortable contour with laser-etched details in a slim unibody design. The sleek devices are also differentiated by smart LED lighting around the home button*.
"The success of the Optimus L Series globally confirms our belief that there is a market for well-balanced smartphones that represent unique consumer tastes," said Jonathan Banks, Head of Mobile Communications at LG Electronics Australia. "The new Optimus L SeriesII expands upon the design philosophy of the original series so we're confident that LG will have another hit on its hands. In Australia, the launch of the first range of L Series devices (L2 Dual Sim, L3, L5, L7 and L9) has delivered fantastic growth for the local business. Based on market share, LG Mobile is now the number two smartphone brand for 'pre-paid' customers and the number three player in the Android ecosystem off the back of the 2012 launch of these handsets."
The new Optimus L SeriesII smartphones will be unveiled at Mobile World Congress later this month. Visitors to MWC are encouraged to see these new models up close at the LG booth in Hall 3.
Latest News Posts
- EVGA teases its new X99 Micro2 mATX motherboard with USB 3.1 Type-C
- Over 14 million people installed Windows 10 in the first 24 hours
- Cardiac microchip able to offer patients warning to heart problems
- Chinese launching chaotic number of attacks against US infrastructure
- VRDC will precede GDC 2016 for all things VR game development
- GA-Z77X-UD4H F3a Modified BIOS Possible Issue
- Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC 1TB External HDD Review
- P67A-UD4-B3 Windows 10
- On Z97 Anniversary: No networking devices supported by Windows 10?
- Addonics AD2U31PX2 USB 3.1 2-Port PCIe 2X Add-On Card Review
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth
- NVIDIA Recalls Select Shield Tablets over Fire Hazard
- Thermaltake Unveils the Core V51 Riing Edition Window Green PC Chassis