Sydney, Feb. 18, 2013 - LG Electronics (LG) has announced it has sold an Optimus L Series device globally every second over the past two months, propelling global sales of the popular smartphones to over 15 million units. Since its launch at Mobile World Congress (MWC) last year, Optimus L Series smartphones have become the device of choice for individuals around the world who favour a well-balanced smartphone with a unique design. Building on this momentum, LG will unveil a new generation of the stylish series at MWC 2013 with an upgraded design and improved features.
The Optimus L SeriesII will carry on the legacy of its predecessor, offering a user experience unique to LG smartphones. The Optimus L3II, Optimus L5II and Optimus L7II all feature a comfortable contour with laser-etched details in a slim unibody design. The sleek devices are also differentiated by smart LED lighting around the home button*.
"The success of the Optimus L Series globally confirms our belief that there is a market for well-balanced smartphones that represent unique consumer tastes," said Jonathan Banks, Head of Mobile Communications at LG Electronics Australia. "The new Optimus L SeriesII expands upon the design philosophy of the original series so we're confident that LG will have another hit on its hands. In Australia, the launch of the first range of L Series devices (L2 Dual Sim, L3, L5, L7 and L9) has delivered fantastic growth for the local business. Based on market share, LG Mobile is now the number two smartphone brand for 'pre-paid' customers and the number three player in the Android ecosystem off the back of the 2012 launch of these handsets."
The new Optimus L SeriesII smartphones will be unveiled at Mobile World Congress later this month. Visitors to MWC are encouraged to see these new models up close at the LG booth in Hall 3.
Latest News Posts
- Nokia doesn't plan on jumping back into phone manufacturing
- Facebook enables video calling through Messenger
- Some Chinese men are paying escorts join them while they play games
- Marvel shooting 'Avengers: Infinity War' Part 1 and 2 back-to-back
- Apple's post-holiday quarter saw 61 million iPhones sold
- Nanoxia Deep Silence 3 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Strontium Nitro Plus 64GB OTG Pen Drive for Android Review
- ASUS RS520-E8-RS8 Barebones Server Review
- Bios f7 z97-ud5h-bk
- Spam report
- Patriot Develops Type-C USB Flash Drive for New MacBook Users
- Cooler Master Announces CM Storm Swift-RX Mousepad Series
- DisplayLink Demonstrates USB-C Docking Experience That "Just Works"
- Eurocom Launches 13.3-inch M4 Ultraportable
- Cryorig Announces the H5 Ultimate CPU Cooler