Logitech today announced the Logitech Webcam C930e, taking desktop video for business to the next level with industry-first features that include an extra-wide 90-degree field of view, support for the H.264 SVC and UVC 1.5 video encoding standards and high-definition digital pan-tilt-zoom.
The full 1080p high-definition Logitech C930e delivers enterprise-grade video collaboration with the widest field of view available in a desktop webcam for business, making it possible - for example - to show a full whiteboard on an office wall during a brainstorming session. The Carl Zeiss-certified glass lens is engineered to avoid the "fish eye" distortion that often detracts from wide-angle images.
Optimized for Microsoft Lync, compatible with Cisco, Skype and most unified communications and videoconferencing applications, the Logitech C930e provides a digital pan-tilt-zoom feature that uniquely maintains a high-definition image at up to 4X magnification. This allows for smooth shifts in point of view during a video call, such as moving from a whiteboard to focus on a single individual.
Support for H.264 SVC and UVC 1.5 video encoding frees up PC bandwidth by processing video within the camera and automatically adjusting performance for maximum video-quality when bandwidth fluctuates. The Logitech C930e offers additional premium features including autofocus, an external privacy shutter and Logitech RightLight 2 technology, which intelligently adjusts the image to improve visual quality in low-light at multiple distances.
"Logitech complements our video investments in Microsoft Lync 2013 with the Logitech Webcam C930e," said Giovanni Mezgec, general manager of Lync Product Marketing at Microsoft. "By supporting H.264 SVC and UVC 1.5 video, along with full 1080p HD at 30 frames per second, the Logitech C930e enables great video experiences for more effective communication and collaboration in Lync deployments."
"We designed the Logitech Webcam C930e to meet the demands of our business customers for the highest-possible video quality and for features that enhance face-to-face collaboration," said Eric Kintz, senior vice president and general manager of Logitech for Business. "At the same time, we implemented standards such as H.264 SVC and UVC 1.5 to deliver maximum performance, even when available bandwidth is low or the PC's processor is heavily burdened."
"Videoconferencing is evolving from a travel-avoidance tool to a model for workplace communications as buyers place more value on the collaboration, employee engagement, and relationship-building benefits of using the technology," Forrester Consulting wrote in "High-Quality Video Solutions Moving Beyond The Boardroom," a commissioned study and survey of U.S. IT executives conducted on behalf of Logitech in November 2012. "Going forward, videoconferencing decision makers are thinking beyond the boardroom and looking at putting the technology in smaller conference rooms, in ad hoc workspaces, and on employees' desks." Indeed, the Forrester study found that 60 percent of enterprises have already implemented desktop videoconferencing and 18 percent are planning to implement. Cost, video quality and audio quality ranked as the top three attributes in purchasing decisions.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Webcam C930e - compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OS X 10.7 or higher - is expected to be available worldwide in May 2013 for a suggested price of $109.99.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni