Elpida Introduces Industry's First x32-bit 1-Gigabit XDR DRAM
The World's Fastest 7.2GHz XDR Product
TOKYO, JAPAN, January 20, 2009 - Elpida Memory, Inc. (Elpida), Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), today introduced the industry's first 1-Gigabit XDR DRAM based on a x32-bit configuration. The new XDR product features the industry's fastest ultra-high speed of 7.2GHz, which is faster than any GDDR5 memory chip, and provides a data transfer rate of 28.8 Gigabytes per second with a single device, making it an ideal choice for such high-bandwidth, high-performance full HD-capable applications as game consoles, digital televisions and Blu-ray disc recorders.
"Today's consumer electronics require both high performance and superior power efficiency," said Sharon Holt, senior vice president, Licensing and Marketing at Rambus. "Elpida's leadership with the award-winning XDR memory architecture makes possible a range of great products for consumers to enjoy."
The XDR device is manufactured using Elpida's 65nm process technology and utilizes a 1.5V low voltage operation and an x32-bit interface. It provides a one-chip solution that, compared with two x16-bit configuration 512 Megabit XDR DRAMs, consumes 35-40% less power and requires less space.
"In today's era of digital convergence many existing digital consumer electronic appliances are connecting to the Internet and the use of high compression codecs like H.264/AVC is spreading. This means there is now even more demand for greater bandwidth and higher density memory," said Yoshitaka Kinoshita, Elpida Memory's executive officer in charge of the Mobile & Digital Consumer Division. "Our newly developed 1-Gigabit XDR provides incredibly high bandwidth with lower operating power to meet the systems needs of our customers. Elpida will continue to focus on reducing the power consumption of XDR DRAMs, which we believe can also lead to tremendous application potential in portable devices."
Sample shipments of the new XDR have already started and mass production is scheduled to begin in April 2009.
As a top supplier of XDR DRAM, Elpida continues to specialize in developing high-performance, low-power XDR products.
New Product Features
Elpida Memory, Inc. (Tokyo: 6665) is a leading manufacturer of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) integrated circuits. The company's design, manufacturing and sales operations are backed by world class technological expertise. Its 300mm manufacturing facilities, consisting of its Hiroshima Plant and a Taiwan-based joint venture, Rexchip Electronics, utilize the most advanced manufacturing technologies available. Elpida's portfolio features such characteristics as high-density, high-speed, low power and small packaging profiles. The company provides DRAM solutions across a wide range of applications, including high-end servers, mobile phones and digital consumer electronics. More information can be found at http://www.elpida.com.
Latest News Posts
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Xbox One Mini isn't real, says Phil Spencer
- Marvel Studios founder to bring Borderlands to the big screen
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20