Kanex, a leader of innovative Apple and iOS connectivity solutions for homes and businesses worldwide, today announced DualRole, a USB 3 Hub and Gigabit Adapter all in one solution. The hub portion uses the latest SuperSpeed USB 3.0 standard for fast transfer speeds between devices and your computer. It has three extra USB 3 ports which enable users to connect more USB 3 devices such as hard drives, digital cameras, MP3 players and more. The Gigabit Ethernet adapter adds a Gigabit port to your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro with Retina display or any other USB 3 enabled computer and provides a fast and secure wired connection without hassle of Wi-Fi setup.
"We designed DualRole with MacBook travelers in mind," said Kelvin Yan, president of Kanex. "We know when on the road sometimes you need an Ethernet connection for Internet or network access or even more USB ports, which is why we combined both a hub and adapter into one small compact solution."
The Kanex DualRole is bus-powered however for additional power; users can plug in a 5V wall power adapter to provide more power to the USB3 ports. This enables users to connect USB 3 devices that require more power to operate.
Pricing and Availability
The Kanex DualRole is available for $69 through select retailers and our kanexlive.com/dualrole website.
Latest News Posts
- Fake Apple factory busted in China, with 9 arrested so far
- Intel's new 3D XPoint flash memory is 1,000 times faster than NAND
- Who needs house keys? Use a hands-free fob instead!
- Argument rages over encryption and how much access government gets
- 4 Gadget Repairs You Can Make Yourself With this iFixIt Bundle
- Phase led on, but no boots
- memory swap!
- I think my Gigabyte X99 UD5 Wifi is dead!
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Edition Video Card Review
- PC is booting but without post beep
- Thermaltake Sponsors PDXLAN 26 and Quakecon 2015
- Addonics Announces Rack-Mount SATA to USB 3.1 Converter
- COUGAR Announces 230M and 250M Gaming Mice
- Lenovo Ready to Launch Windows 10 Devices
- Razer Acquires OUYA Software Assets