Matrox today announced the worldwide availability of Matrox MXO2 Dock, an accessory that allows users of Matrox MXO2 I/O devices and MacBook Pro or MacBook Air to easily create an ideal ergonomic workspace for video editing and content creation. From a single Thunderbolt cable, users can connect an MXO2 I/O device plus add multiple peripherals including a large HDMI display, a full-size keyboard, and a mouse. A gigabit Ethernet port provides connectivity to a wired network, enabling data transfers 18 times faster than Wi-Fi. One SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports are also provided.
"Many Matrox MXO2 users enjoy the portability of MacBook Pro and MacBook Air for field work, but would prefer a more comfortable work environment when they are spending the day in the edit suite," said Wayne Andrews, product manager at Matrox. "The new Matrox MXO2 Dock increases productivity by adding screen real estate and brings much-needed expandability for USB 3.0 storage, control surfaces, optical drives, and other peripherals."
Price and availability
Priced at $349 US (299 euros, 229 pounds) not including local taxes and delivery, Matrox MXO2 Dock is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. MXO2 owners can replace their host adapter (PCI Express, ExpressCard/34 or Thunderbolt) with Matrox MXO2 Dock for use with Thunderbolt-enabled MacBooks, iMacs, or Mac minis.
Latest News Posts
- Rise for 'Kong' in first 'Skull Island' trailer
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard