VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient computing platforms, today announced the VIA ARMOS-800, an ultra-compact, fanless system designed around the tiny VIA VAB-800 Pico-ITX board. The VIA ARMOS-800 provides embedded customers with a ruggedized system that delivers advanced multimedia features in an extremely power efficient design for a diversified range of embedded applications.
Featuring an 800MHz Freescale ARM Cortex-A8 SoC with two integrated GPUs for dual display support, the VIA ARMOS-800 is optimized for both performance and power to meet the high-end demands of advanced industrial and in-vehicle applications. Boasting a ruggedized, fanless system design with a wide operating temperature range from -40C up to 80C, the VIA ARMOS-800 delivers a typical power consumption of a mere 3.14W TDP.
"The VIA ARMOS-800 is the first ARM-based system in our ruggedized AMOS systems series," said Epan Wu, Head of the VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The high performance and ultra-low power consumption provides an exciting combination for a wide range of industrial embedded applications where robustness is critical."
The VIA AMOS-800 is specifically designed to support the VIA VAB-800 Pico-ITX board, which features an 800MHz Freescale ARM Cortex-A8 SoC, creating a completely fanless system within a robust chassis measuring 15cm x 4.6cm x 10.8cm (WxDxH). The VIA ARMOS-800 has a certified operating temperature range from -40C to 80C and offers ultra-low power consumption of only 3.14W TDP under typical operating conditions.
On-board storage includes 4GB of eMMC Flash and can be expanded with the MicroSD Card slot. Front I/O includes one COM, one DIO and one CAN port, as well as Line-in/out and Mic-in, while rear I/O includes, one VGA and one HDMI port, one 10/100 LAN port, and three USB 2.0 ports. An on-board USB pin-header can be utilized to support the optional VNT9271 Wi-Fi USB module.
For more information about the VIA ARMOS-800, please visit: this page.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards