Other World Computing (OWC) a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today the Mercury Viper Solid State Drive, the next generation of high performance OWC Mercury brand SSDs. Designed for professional users and gamers who require uncompromised workflow performance, Mercury Viper is the industry's fastest 3.5 inch 6G Solid State Drive with speeds that nearly eclipse the fastest internal data interface - SATA 3.0 6Gb/s - offered in today's Mac and PC computers.
OWC will highlight the Mercury Viper along with its broad line of award-winning SSDs in its booth #5812 in the LVCC North Hall during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), which begins Tuesday in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Capacities for Any Need
In addition to offering data rate performance up to 600 MB/s, the Mercury Viper is available in capacities from 240 GB to a massive 2 TB (1920 GB) to handle any user's data storage needs. Pricing and shipping dates for the Mercury Viper SSD models will be announced in the next sixty days.
"The introduction of the Mercury Viper spotlights OWC's continued leadership role in the evolution of Solid State Drives," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. "Offering up to 600 MB/s speed and capacity up to 2.0 TB, Viper truly is a performance beast that will more than satisfy the most demanding Mac and PC user who seeks nothing but the best."
Latest News Posts
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications