Introducing the FlexCage MB974SP-2B, a 4-in-3 Tray-less SATA 6Gbps HDD Cage for 3.5" SATA hard drives. The FlexCage brings enthusiast preferred features such as: plug & play Tray-less design, replaceable 80mm cooling fan, 3 speed fan control with Smart Cooling Technology, integrated USB 3.0 hub, and full control of your drive with individual childproof power buttons. It is designed to be used in consumer and enthusiast systems such as, gaming / media computer cases, and home servers that hot swap frequently.
The MB974SP-2B is designed to maximize space use by allowing up to 4 x 3.5" SATA 6Gbps hard drives, while only consuming three 5.25" device bays. The FlexCage also only requires two 15-pin power ports to power up to four 3.5" hard drives. The FlexCage is equipped with our renowned tray-less technology - no screws or tools are necessary to insert or eject the drives, making hot swapping a completely hassle free experience.
The FlexCage MB974SP-2B uses a large 80mm rear cooling fan to pull cool air from the front ventilation slots, over the drives, and exhaust the warm air out through the rear ventilation slots.
The MB974SP-2B gives the user freedom to choose the speed of the fan, or to select "auto" so that the fan adjusts its speed using our Smart Cooling Technology. Our auto function determines the temperature of your drives, and changes its RPM accordingly. This results in decreased power consumption, an increased lifespan for your fan, and unnecessary excess noise. Along with the auto function, the user can also choose a high setting, best used for intense applications such as home server use, or a low setting, best used with lighter work loads, such as hourly back ups or audio recording / editing.
The included 80mm cooling fan is easily replaceable and maintainable, as it is compatible with most aftermarket cooling fans of the same size. To expand the range of compatible fans, both 2 and 3 pin standard fan power ports are available and can be easily accessed. To support the cooling system in place, the FlexCage body is built using full aluminum to help dissipate heat even further.
Built for Enthusiasts
Keeping up with the latest external storage technology, the MB974SP-2B has an integrated USB 3.0 SuperSpeed hub to easily connect the latest external storage peripherals, especially for systems that do not have top / front USB 3.0 port access.
The MB974SP-2B features the Active Power Technology+ power system, giving you full control of your hard drive environment. To power up your hard drive, the front of the device includes childproof power buttons for each drive which require the button to be pressed slightly deeper than normal to ensure that a drive is not accidentally turned off by bumping into or rubbing against it. These power buttons double as an LED indicator showing drive power and activity. When one drive is turned on, the 80mm cooling fan will also turn on to start cooling your hard drive.
Similarly, each drive door has a multi-locking latch mechanism in order to prevent a door from being opened easily. Each door panel is built with a solid aluminum panel, making it an ideal solution for systems that need a reliable and durable door design. Lastly, to ensure a peace of mind, the FlexCage is backed with our 3 year warranty, equivalent to a hard drive's warranty.
- Fits 4 x 3.5" SATA III HDD into 3 x 5.25" Device Bays.
- Supports SATA 3 (6 Gb/s) hard drives.
- Compact and space saving design to fit multiple drives.
- Designed for consumers & enthusiasts gaming / media computer cases and servers.
- Tray-less design for genuine plug & play and hot swap use.
- Front and rear ventilation slots.
- 80mm cooling fan for maximum air flow.
- 3 speed fan control, including auto setting featuring Smart Cooling Technology.
- Lightweight aluminum body construction for durability and heat dissipation.
- Fan is replaceable with aftermarket fans that use standard 2-pin or 3-pin connectors.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 hub built into front of device for performance and easy access.
- Active Power Technology+ - cooling fan and drive only powers up when the child proof buttons are pressed.
- Multi-locking door latches to prevent accidental drive ejection.
- ICY DOCK 3 year warranty equivalent to hard drive manufacturer warranty to ensure maximum reliability and long life.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Rockstar gets into the Halloween spirit with GTA Online
- Nintendo Switch handheld delivers console-quality gaming
- Microsoft drop Shocktober sale a week before Halloween
- Nintendo Switch to have wide array of hardware add-ons
- Heavy Rain and Detroit developer experimenting with VR
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications