LaCie, in collaboration with world-famous designer and creator Philippe Starck, announced the Blade Runner. Inspired by the mysterious, incredible power of information technology, the LaCie Blade Runner combines an anthropomorphic metal interior with an angular cage-like shell. It begs the question; can we truly confine technology to a cage?
With only 9,999 produced, the LaCie Blade Runner is a limited edition hard drive for design-conscience consumers. Starck's influence is evident from the complex design concept to the hands-on manufacturing process. Each unit is custom-built to ensure superb form and function. It is the statement piece in any home office, study or media room. The artistic design combines with the high-speed USB 3.0 interface and cross-platform compatibility to result in a hard drive that is as practical as it is stunning.
"In my design nothing is useless - style, symbolism or functionality," says Philippe Starck. "In the Blade Runner, the warm interior electronics are encased in a mystifying shell, and the blades are the radiator that cools it down. The suspension gives space for air to circulate around the hard drive, and the metal material increases the temperature conduction."
Protected by sturdy aluminum, the LaCie Blade Runner offers the most resistant and stylistic choice for a consumer hard drive on the market. The durable exterior shields the hard drive from overheating, making it thoroughly dependable for storing the most precious files. The LaCie Blade Runner also features an LED power button in the form of Starck's signature symbol that glows to indicate activity.
Twenty years after LaCie's first collaboration with Philippe Starck, which resulted in the award-winning "Toaster" hard drives, the partnership continues to develop products that are as functional as they are stunning. The LaCie Blade Runner continues to explore this relationship.
The LaCie Blade Runner is equipped with 10 GB of complimentary Wuala Secure Cloud Storage and user-friendly backup software. It is available in a 4 TB capacity through the LaCie Online Store and specialty retailers for $299.00. For more product information, visit http://www.lacie.com.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop sports GeForce GPU, Skylake CPU
- The Crew Wild Run set for closed beta on October 15
- Lumia 950 and 950XL has liquid cooling, 4K video, octacore CPU
- Microsoft HoloLens dev kits will be $3,000, ships in Q1 2016
- 'Tobiwan', Soe and 'Maelk' to headline MLG $500,000 2015 World Finals
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs