LaCie, in collaboration with world-famous designer and creator Philippe Starck, announced the Blade Runner. Inspired by the mysterious, incredible power of information technology, the LaCie Blade Runner combines an anthropomorphic metal interior with an angular cage-like shell. It begs the question; can we truly confine technology to a cage?
With only 9,999 produced, the LaCie Blade Runner is a limited edition hard drive for design-conscience consumers. Starck's influence is evident from the complex design concept to the hands-on manufacturing process. Each unit is custom-built to ensure superb form and function. It is the statement piece in any home office, study or media room. The artistic design combines with the high-speed USB 3.0 interface and cross-platform compatibility to result in a hard drive that is as practical as it is stunning.
"In my design nothing is useless - style, symbolism or functionality," says Philippe Starck. "In the Blade Runner, the warm interior electronics are encased in a mystifying shell, and the blades are the radiator that cools it down. The suspension gives space for air to circulate around the hard drive, and the metal material increases the temperature conduction."
Protected by sturdy aluminum, the LaCie Blade Runner offers the most resistant and stylistic choice for a consumer hard drive on the market. The durable exterior shields the hard drive from overheating, making it thoroughly dependable for storing the most precious files. The LaCie Blade Runner also features an LED power button in the form of Starck's signature symbol that glows to indicate activity.
Twenty years after LaCie's first collaboration with Philippe Starck, which resulted in the award-winning "Toaster" hard drives, the partnership continues to develop products that are as functional as they are stunning. The LaCie Blade Runner continues to explore this relationship.
The LaCie Blade Runner is equipped with 10 GB of complimentary Wuala Secure Cloud Storage and user-friendly backup software. It is available in a 4 TB capacity through the LaCie Online Store and specialty retailers for $299.00. For more product information, visit http://www.lacie.com.
Latest News Posts
- id Software: The new DOOM will not take itself too seriously
- Intel's Brian Krzanich announces change of a few management positions
- 'Happy Forest' is yet another great example of Unreal Engine 4
- Turtle Beach opens pre-orders for a wireless headset called the 420X
- Mad Catz faces possible closure due to financial struggles
- your Other built or out. nation much sleeping out bag,
- Gaming Sponsorship - Part 2: Live events are key to success
- orange jack not working with 5.1 sound
- The top four things North Korea has achieved in the past 18 months
- Accell Home or Away USB Surge Protector Review
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC
- Synology Announces RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas NAS Servers
- Giada Announces the P211 OPS-compliant Mini PC
- Intel Announces Leadership Changes