Micron Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq:MU) ("Micron") and Elpida Memory, Inc. ("Elpida") today announced that the Japan Fair Trade Commission has cleared Micron's previously announced acquisition of Elpida. Clearance under Japan's Act on Prohibition of Private Monopolization and Maintenance of Fair Trade (Act No. 54 of April 14, 1947) satisfies one of the conditions necessary for consummation of the transaction. The transaction has also cleared premerger review in the United States, Czech Republic and Korea.
The closing of the transaction remains subject to other conditions-including approval by Elpida creditors, the Tokyo District Court and regulatory approvals in other countries-and is expected to be completed in the first half of calendar 2013. Elpida's proposed reorganization plan was submitted to the Tokyo District Court on Aug. 21, 2012, and the Tokyo District Court's approved the submission of Elpida's proposed reorganization plan to creditors on October 31, 2012.
Latest News Posts
- G.SKILL announces two 'major extreme' OC events for Computex next week
- 48GB worth of Star Citizen assets leak online, swiftly removed
- Telemarketers and refs, lookout... robots coming for your jobs
- Patriot Act didn't do very much good in breaking cases, FBI says
- Microsoft rumored to be looking at acquiring BlackBerry
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Unfriended (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications