Toshiba Corporation today announced that it will launch a new line of high performance CompactFlash (CF) memory cards, the EXCERIA PRO 2 series, expressly targeting the digital single lens reflex camera market. The initial line-up of 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB cards will come to market in spring of 2013 and offer the world's highest level3 read and write speeds. EXCERIA PRO will position Toshiba to meet the demands of the high-end DSLR market, including high resolution image capture, sustained continuous shooting, HD video recording and high speed data transfers to other devices.
The EXCERIA PRO CF cards integrate Toshiba's high performance NAND flash memory and specially developed dedicated firmware. They achieve a read speed of 160 MB/s and write speed of 150 MB/s, the highest level yet reported.
The new cards are compliant with the CompactFlash Association (CFA) standard CompactFlash Specification Revision 6.0 and compatible with the UDMA7 high speed interface, ensuring they can support high performance DSLRs to the full. The cards are also compatible with the latest Video Performance Guarantee standard, VPG-20. VPG-20 secures Full HD video capture streams at a minimum write speed of 20 MB/s for compatible host devices and recording media. VPG-20 enables high quality Full HD video capture at high frame rates with no dropped frames.
The market for DSLR is expected to grow by some 50% in the period 2012 to 2015 and demand for CF cards will grow with it. Toshiba aims to capture a 30% market share by 2015 by developing high performance memory cards.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse