Currently, 1U server is a compact standard rack server with low cost and consumption. It is ideal for being deployed in computer facilities or Internet Data Center demanding higher density space or in industrial computers for special application. To meet these demands, Apacer launched the next-gen SATA modular SSD, SDM4 7P/180D LP2 (SATA Disk Module 7Pin/180 Degree Low Profile 2) specially designed for 1U server.
This product provides storage solutions featuring mini customization, Write Protect Switch, built-in power supply connector, wide-temp operation and high reliability.This meets customers' demands on space configuration within small mechanisms and creates operation environments with excellent reliability.
The low-profile SDM4 7P/180D LP2 is only 29.3 mm high, which effectively enhances the air ventilation in the 1U chassis. With the unique design of the built-in power supply circuit in the 7 pin SATA connector, it can make electricity-powered operation without external power cable. In addition, it has a unique locking mechanism, which enables it to be closely plugged into the SATA slot on the motherboard. It eliminatesthe problem of the electric power cable being loosened by shock.
For the Write Protect switch function of this product, Jeff Lin, the Value-added Business Unit Director of Apacer, suggested, "In addition to the miniaturized design of compact appearance, built-in power supply connector and unique locking mechanism, SDM4 7P/180D LP2 also boasts the Write Protect switch of hardware design, which can lock the Write Protect function directly on the host. It enhances the flexibility in application." Therefore, in many industrial computers or equipments, once information managers complete setting, they can directly lock the switch on the host, allowing only data reading and no data writing. It not only ensures that only the IT personnel with access to the host can manage the data, but also avoids the malicious attack and falsification from remote terminals, thus safeguarding the safety of the data and the system.
In the chip choice, in addition to SLC storage solution (1 GB ~ 16 GB),the cost-effective MLC chip line (4 GB ~ 32 GB), supporting the industry-level wide-temp (-40�C ~ 85�C) operation, can also be found in Apacer's SDM4 7P/180D LP2. Moreover, this product also features the ECC (Error Correcting Code) function, S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) and ATA Secure Erase command, fully addressing the demand of high reliability by the system integrators. This, along with the support of Windows 7 TRIM command for optimization, has made the SSD the prime choice among storage solutions.
In addition to offering the outstanding product specifications, Apacer highlights on the unique Fixed BOM for customers that firmware and components of all the products can be fixed upon customers' verification to ensure stable supply. Jeff Lin, the Value-added Business Unit Director of Apacer, further explained, "With more than ten years of experiences in the SSD market, Apacer is famed for the excellent capability for customization, stringent manufacturing quality and timely technical support. It is not only the best partner for enterprises but also one of the top ten PC SSD suppliers in the world capable of passing the certifications required by the Tier-1 tech giants in the U.S. and Japan. Apacer's SDM4 7P/180D LP2 - the SSD with miniaturized design specially for 1U server-is equipped with Write Protect Switch,built-in power supply connector and stable operation in wide-temp environments, making it the best storage solution with high reliability."
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS