Currently, 1U server is a compact standard rack server with low cost and consumption. It is ideal for being deployed in computer facilities or Internet Data Center demanding higher density space or in industrial computers for special application. To meet these demands, Apacer launched the next-gen SATA modular SSD, SDM4 7P/180D LP2 (SATA Disk Module 7Pin/180 Degree Low Profile 2) specially designed for 1U server.
This product provides storage solutions featuring mini customization, Write Protect Switch, built-in power supply connector, wide-temp operation and high reliability.This meets customers' demands on space configuration within small mechanisms and creates operation environments with excellent reliability.
The low-profile SDM4 7P/180D LP2 is only 29.3 mm high, which effectively enhances the air ventilation in the 1U chassis. With the unique design of the built-in power supply circuit in the 7 pin SATA connector, it can make electricity-powered operation without external power cable. In addition, it has a unique locking mechanism, which enables it to be closely plugged into the SATA slot on the motherboard. It eliminatesthe problem of the electric power cable being loosened by shock.
For the Write Protect switch function of this product, Jeff Lin, the Value-added Business Unit Director of Apacer, suggested, "In addition to the miniaturized design of compact appearance, built-in power supply connector and unique locking mechanism, SDM4 7P/180D LP2 also boasts the Write Protect switch of hardware design, which can lock the Write Protect function directly on the host. It enhances the flexibility in application." Therefore, in many industrial computers or equipments, once information managers complete setting, they can directly lock the switch on the host, allowing only data reading and no data writing. It not only ensures that only the IT personnel with access to the host can manage the data, but also avoids the malicious attack and falsification from remote terminals, thus safeguarding the safety of the data and the system.
In the chip choice, in addition to SLC storage solution (1 GB ~ 16 GB),the cost-effective MLC chip line (4 GB ~ 32 GB), supporting the industry-level wide-temp (-40�C ~ 85�C) operation, can also be found in Apacer's SDM4 7P/180D LP2. Moreover, this product also features the ECC (Error Correcting Code) function, S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) and ATA Secure Erase command, fully addressing the demand of high reliability by the system integrators. This, along with the support of Windows 7 TRIM command for optimization, has made the SSD the prime choice among storage solutions.
In addition to offering the outstanding product specifications, Apacer highlights on the unique Fixed BOM for customers that firmware and components of all the products can be fixed upon customers' verification to ensure stable supply. Jeff Lin, the Value-added Business Unit Director of Apacer, further explained, "With more than ten years of experiences in the SSD market, Apacer is famed for the excellent capability for customization, stringent manufacturing quality and timely technical support. It is not only the best partner for enterprises but also one of the top ten PC SSD suppliers in the world capable of passing the certifications required by the Tier-1 tech giants in the U.S. and Japan. Apacer's SDM4 7P/180D LP2 - the SSD with miniaturized design specially for 1U server-is equipped with Write Protect Switch,built-in power supply connector and stable operation in wide-temp environments, making it the best storage solution with high reliability."
Latest News Posts
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Ultimate coming to PS4 later today
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset