Introducing the FlexCage MB973SP-1B, a 3-in-2 Tray-less SATA Backplane Cage for 3.5" SATA hard drives. This is a commercially designed product in the FlexCage series for use in server environments, such as towers or rackmounts. This FlexCage incorporates the best technologies to meet those demands, with second to none fit, function, and reliability.
The MB973SP-1B has been designed to maximize space use by allowing up to 3 x 3.5" SATA III hard drives, while only consuming two 5.25" device bays. The FlexCage also only requires two 4-pin power ports (or two 15-pin power ports with included 4 pin to 15 pin adapter cables), to power up to three 3.5" hard drives. In order to further the convenience of the FlexCage, our renowned tray-less technology is integrated into the cage -- no screws or tools are required to insert or eject the drives, making hot swapping a completely hassle free experience. However, because of the tray-less technology used, maintenance becomes dramatically reduced to simply ejecting a failed drive, and then reinserting the replacement.
On the rear of the MB973SP-1B uses a large 80mm cooling fan to pull cool air from the front ventilation slots, over the drives, and exhaust the warm air out through the rear ventilation slots. The Flexcage also features the Active Power Technology power system, so that the fan used and the individual LED are only powered on if a drive is inserted. The included 80mm cooling fan also can be easily replaced and maintained, as the unit is fully removable and replaceable with most aftermarket cooling fans of the same size. To expand the range of compatible fans, both 2 and 3 pin standard fan power ports are available and can be easily accessed.
The FlexCage uses our Flex Fit Design, which accommodates to different tab lengths when installing to a server or tower computer case. This will help reduce the build time, and also adds greater compatibility for different system builds. In addition, there may be systems that use 15 power connectors exclusively, and so 4 to 15 pin power adapter cables are included to provide better accessibility for various host systems. Each bay includes individual LED indicators, displaying both drive power and activity. This is to provide drive status information at all times. Similarly, each drive door has a multi-locking latch mechanism to prevent a door from being opened easily. For best durability, a solid aluminum panel is used in each of the door latch, making it an ideal solution for systems where IT and non-IT personnel may have access to. Lastly, to ensure a peace of mind, the FlexCage is backed with our 3 year warranty, equivalent to a hard drive's warranty.
- Fits 3 x 3.5" SATA HDD into 2 x 5.25" Device Bays.
- Supports SATA 3 (6 Gb/s) hard drives.
- Compact and space saving design to fit multiple drives.
- Commercially designed for servers & rackmounts.
- Screw-less, tool-less design for genuine plug & play and hot swap use.
- Lightweight aluminum body construction for durability and heat dissipation.
- 80mm cooling fan for maximum air flow.
- Fan is replaceable with aftermarket fans that use standard 2-pin or 3-pin connectors.
- Flex Fit Design - accommodates different 5.25" tab lengths for server or tower cases.
- Active Power Technology (APT) - individual blue led & cooling fan only powers up if there is a drive installed in the bay.
- Multi-locking door latches to prevent accidental drive ejection.
- Two 4 pin to 15 pin adapter cable included for 15 pin SATA power ports.
- ICY DOCK 3 year warranty equivalent to hard drive manufacturer warranty to ensure maximum reliability and long life.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni