Coinciding with the momentum of the Windows 8 launch from Microsoft, Amped Wireless, the leading manufacturer of high power, long range wireless communication products for the home and office, today unveiled the TAN1, the first High Power Wi-Fi Adapter designed specifically for use with Windows 8 tablets, Ultrabooks and laptops.
"With more than 40 million licenses sold, Windows 8 is quickly becoming a success with consumers. And while there are some great new features for managing Wi-Fi in Windows 8, OEMs are still compromising Wi-Fi performance for aesthetics and slimmer form factors," stated Jason Owen, CEO, Amped Wireless. "With the TAN1, Windows 8 users can now have uncompromised long range Wi-Fi performance to connect to Wi-Fi networks from much greater distances. Home users can roam freely throughout their home without worrying about disconnects or buffering, while business users can connect to Wi-Fi hotspots with ease while at airports or hotels."
The High Power Wi-Fi Adapter features Amped Wireless' award winning high power technology to provide Windows 8 tablets, Ultrabooks and laptops with up to three times greater Wi-Fi range and performance compared to standard embedded Wi-Fi adapters.
The TAN1 connects to the USB port (standard or micro USB) of the device, requires no additional software set up and provides instant long range Wi-Fi connectivity. It features an elegant, compact form factor that may be used on a flat surface or safely fastened to the edge of a screen with an adjustable clip. It can also be fastened to most tablets using protective cases.
Key Features of TAN1 includes:
- High Power Wi-Fi Amplifiers for improving Wi-Fi transmitting capabilities
- Low Noise Amplifiers for improving Wi-Fi receiving capabilities
- High Gain Antennas
- Adjustable clip to accommodate all tablets and cases
- Connects via USB 2.0 or micro USB connector
- Provides up to 3x the range of embedded Wi-Fi adapters
The TAN1 will be available early 2013.
For more information please visit Amped Wireless at CES 2013 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall 4, Booth #35506, January 8-11, 2013 and at Pepcom's Digital Experience at the MGM Grand Hotel. January 7th, 2013 from 7-10pm.
The Amped Wireless Difference: High Power Technology
Amped Wireless products feature advanced Wi-Fi amplifiers to boost wireless performance. Standard Wi-Fi devices have a wireless output power of 50 mW, while Amped Wireless products boasts 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz amplifiers with up to 700 mW of output power. The boosted performance is optimally tuned with dual high gain 5dBi dual band antennas for maximum range and performance. (Typical Wi-Fi devices do not utilize wireless amplifiers and are equipped with antennas that have zero antenna gain.)
Includes Wi-Fi Analytics Tool App: Advanced software application for Windows devices that assists in analyzing and optimizing Wi-Fi networks for maximum speed and coverage.
Includes Free Elite Support: Industry leading, US based, in house technical support provided by Amped Concierges. Learn More: http://www.ampedwireless.com/elitesupport/
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni