Designed to extend an existing wireless network to the farthest corners of a home, small office or even the backyard, D-Link today announced the push-button Wireless Range Extender (DAP-1320). The compact and ultra-portable Wireless Range Extender is ideal for pushing wireless signals to those hard-to-reach areas - eliminating Wi-Fi dead zones and broadening the range of a wireless network for seamless everyday Internet activities such as emailing, chatting, music, video streaming, and VoIP calling.
"As the number of wireless devices increases in a household, consumers are always looking to expand and strengthen their Wi-Fi coverage into the farthest corners of the home," said Daniel Kelley, associate vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "Not only does our Wireless Range Extender offer whole home coverage for today's connected home, but it works with any router brand with a push of a button and also complements the user experience with other D-Link products - watch seamless streaming content on a MovieNite Plus or keep an eye of things with D-Link's Cloud Cameras without any glitches."
Delivering speeds of up to 300 Mbps, the Wireless Range Extender expands network connectivity to wireless devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets, offering fast web-browsing, smooth online gaming, uninterrupted music and video streaming, fast downloading/uploading speeds, and Skype or Facetime calls without any lag time or glitches. The device is equipped with Wireless N technology and uses multiple intelligent antennas to maximize the speed and range of 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signals to significantly outperform previous-generation Wireless G devices. The antennas make use of a home's environment by bouncing multiple wireless signals off walls and ceilings to work around obstructions and help eliminate dead spots. In addition, the Wireless Range Extender features a simple one-button installation and is universally compatible with all wireless brands[i] for added flexibility. Simply press the WPS button on the existing router and then on the Wireless Range Extender to sync and instantly increase the coverage of a wireless home network.
More about the Wireless Range Extender
The Wireless Range Extender delivers a range of performance features, including:
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) Push Button for Easy Connection to a Wireless Network
- Compatible with any wireless router brand
- N300 technology significantly outperforms Wireless G technology
- Extend Internet access for a range of wireless devices, including laptops, smartphones, tablets and more
- IEEE 802.11n and 802.11g compliant
- Supports Secure Wireless Encryption Using WPA or WPA2 Security
Availability and Pricing
The D-Link Wireless Range Extender (DAP-1320) is now available with a price of $49.99 through major e-tailers, including Amazon.com, Buy.com and Newegg.com and at retailers such as Office Depot and J&R. More information about the Wireless Rage Extender (DAP-1320) is available on D-Link's website.
Latest News Posts
- Hottest new PC games discounted in digital pre-order sale
- Battlefield 1 Closed Alpha invites rolling out
- Fallout 4 mod support on PS4 delayed indefinitely
- Here's some serious 1-1 training to elevate your tech skills
- Nintendo NX manufacturing preparations are underway
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities