Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH, the European subsidiary of Shuttle Inc., one of the leading developers and manufacturers of compact PC solutions such as the world-renowned XPC Mini-PC Barebones, today announces the introduction of a particularly robust PC platform for Intel desktop processors.
Ideal for applications in the areas of digital signage, control and monitoring
The DS61 opens up a range of applications that in the past were only accessible with larger, extremely costly or less powerful solutions. Shuttle's new development combines the computing power of multi-core desktop processors with compact dimensions - and at an affordable price.
"The DS61 assists our partners from the digital signage sector in the processing of high-resolution, compute-intensive content," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "What's more, the potential applications are incredibly diverse thanks to the compact format combined with excellent performance and configuration options."
The robust black steel chassis measures a mere 19 x 16.5 x 4.3 cm (DWH). The machine's motherboard, developed specifically by the company for this format, is based on the versatile H61 Express chipset which supports nearly all Intel processors for socket LGA1155. The DS61 is compatible with all Celeron, Pentium and Core processors up to a TDP of 65 W. DDR3 memory up to a total of 16 GB can be installed in the two SO-DIMM slots.
The chassis has space for one 2.5" hard disk or one SSD drive. Thanks to its Mini PCIe expansion slot, the DS61 can support an mSATA drive or, for instance, a 3G/WLAN module. A wired network connection is provided by two teaming-compatible networking interfaces for Gigabit Ethernet. A bootable card reader is located on the front panel. One RS-232 port and one RS-232/422/485 port are available for control and monitoring applications. The DS61 also has USB 3.0, HDMI, DVI and audio connectors.
The Shuttle Barebone DS61 is outstandingly robust thanks to its tough chassis, and with an operating temperature range of 0-50 °C it is suitable for use in the most demanding environments. The supplied VESA mount and numerous threaded holes enable the DS61 to be fitted almost anywhere. If because of space constraints (e.g. in the case of fixed installation) the machine cannot be switched on by pressing the front power button, it can be powered on by a separate remote line.
An active dual-fan heatpipe cooling system ensures whisper-quiet operation and system stability. The energy supply is provided by an external 90 W power unit.
A short product film gives you a 360° view as well as a look inside the new model.
The recommended retail price for the Shuttle DS61 is EUR 172.00 (ex VAT). This product is available now.
Latest News Posts
- The Rock breaks surprise world record on 'San Andreas' publicity trail
- Samsung intros the new Galaxy S6 edge Iron Man Limited Edition handset
- Nokia releases its Android-powered Nokia N1 tablet in Taiwan
- Target 'American Sniper' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- AMD Radeon R9 390X spotted without HBM, in an 8GB GDDR5 version
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications