Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH, the European subsidiary of Shuttle Inc., one of the leading developers and manufacturers of compact PC solutions such as the world-renowned XPC Mini-PC Barebones, today announces the introduction of a particularly robust PC platform for Intel desktop processors.
Ideal for applications in the areas of digital signage, control and monitoring
The DS61 opens up a range of applications that in the past were only accessible with larger, extremely costly or less powerful solutions. Shuttle's new development combines the computing power of multi-core desktop processors with compact dimensions - and at an affordable price.
"The DS61 assists our partners from the digital signage sector in the processing of high-resolution, compute-intensive content," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "What's more, the potential applications are incredibly diverse thanks to the compact format combined with excellent performance and configuration options."
The robust black steel chassis measures a mere 19 x 16.5 x 4.3 cm (DWH). The machine's motherboard, developed specifically by the company for this format, is based on the versatile H61 Express chipset which supports nearly all Intel processors for socket LGA1155. The DS61 is compatible with all Celeron, Pentium and Core processors up to a TDP of 65 W. DDR3 memory up to a total of 16 GB can be installed in the two SO-DIMM slots.
The chassis has space for one 2.5" hard disk or one SSD drive. Thanks to its Mini PCIe expansion slot, the DS61 can support an mSATA drive or, for instance, a 3G/WLAN module. A wired network connection is provided by two teaming-compatible networking interfaces for Gigabit Ethernet. A bootable card reader is located on the front panel. One RS-232 port and one RS-232/422/485 port are available for control and monitoring applications. The DS61 also has USB 3.0, HDMI, DVI and audio connectors.
The Shuttle Barebone DS61 is outstandingly robust thanks to its tough chassis, and with an operating temperature range of 0-50 °C it is suitable for use in the most demanding environments. The supplied VESA mount and numerous threaded holes enable the DS61 to be fitted almost anywhere. If because of space constraints (e.g. in the case of fixed installation) the machine cannot be switched on by pressing the front power button, it can be powered on by a separate remote line.
An active dual-fan heatpipe cooling system ensures whisper-quiet operation and system stability. The energy supply is provided by an external 90 W power unit.
A short product film gives you a 360° view as well as a look inside the new model.
The recommended retail price for the Shuttle DS61 is EUR 172.00 (ex VAT). This product is available now.
Latest News Posts
- PCIe 4.0 won't deliver 300W over the PCIe slot after all
- Ubisoft focuses on fixing The Division, delays DLC
- Gearbox working on a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D
- Huawei unveils its new high-end Honor 8 smartphone
- HTC Vive preferred by more VR developers than the Rift
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller