Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH, the European subsidiary of Shuttle Inc., one of the leading developers and manufacturers of compact PC solutions such as the world-renowned XPC Mini-PC Barebones, today announces the introduction of a particularly robust PC platform for Intel desktop processors.
Ideal for applications in the areas of digital signage, control and monitoring
The DS61 opens up a range of applications that in the past were only accessible with larger, extremely costly or less powerful solutions. Shuttle's new development combines the computing power of multi-core desktop processors with compact dimensions - and at an affordable price.
"The DS61 assists our partners from the digital signage sector in the processing of high-resolution, compute-intensive content," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "What's more, the potential applications are incredibly diverse thanks to the compact format combined with excellent performance and configuration options."
The robust black steel chassis measures a mere 19 x 16.5 x 4.3 cm (DWH). The machine's motherboard, developed specifically by the company for this format, is based on the versatile H61 Express chipset which supports nearly all Intel processors for socket LGA1155. The DS61 is compatible with all Celeron, Pentium and Core processors up to a TDP of 65 W. DDR3 memory up to a total of 16 GB can be installed in the two SO-DIMM slots.
The chassis has space for one 2.5" hard disk or one SSD drive. Thanks to its Mini PCIe expansion slot, the DS61 can support an mSATA drive or, for instance, a 3G/WLAN module. A wired network connection is provided by two teaming-compatible networking interfaces for Gigabit Ethernet. A bootable card reader is located on the front panel. One RS-232 port and one RS-232/422/485 port are available for control and monitoring applications. The DS61 also has USB 3.0, HDMI, DVI and audio connectors.
The Shuttle Barebone DS61 is outstandingly robust thanks to its tough chassis, and with an operating temperature range of 0-50 °C it is suitable for use in the most demanding environments. The supplied VESA mount and numerous threaded holes enable the DS61 to be fitted almost anywhere. If because of space constraints (e.g. in the case of fixed installation) the machine cannot be switched on by pressing the front power button, it can be powered on by a separate remote line.
An active dual-fan heatpipe cooling system ensures whisper-quiet operation and system stability. The energy supply is provided by an external 90 W power unit.
A short product film gives you a 360° view as well as a look inside the new model.
The recommended retail price for the Shuttle DS61 is EUR 172.00 (ex VAT). This product is available now.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017