The LG Optimus L9 will continue LG's stylish L-Series line-up of smartphones with its Australian debut this week. Following the successful launches of the Optimus L2 Dual SIM, Optimus L3, Optimus L5, and Optimus L7 earlier this year, the Optimus L9 is set to continue the great success of the L-Series range.
Inheriting LG's premium L-Style design philosophy, the Optimus L9 has a 9.1mm thin body with a slimming metallic streak, and is shaped in a modern square format that provides a comfortable grip, making the most of its slim and stylish design.
The large 4.7-inch IPS (In-Plane Switching) display on the Optimus L9 delivers clear and true-to-life images with incredible detail for a heightened viewing experience. The high-density 2,150mAh battery powers the attractive handset, and users will experience innovative built- in features designed to make it delightfully easier and more functional to use.
The Optimus L9 was developed to be smarter, and with LG's differentiated User Experience (UX) features such as the QTranslator, the My Style Keypad function, and the increasingly popular QuickMemoTM, this is certainly the case.
The QTranslator function translates not only words, but also entire sentences and phrases with a simple scan from over 44 foreign languages. Using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology, it recognises letters upon scanning with the camera and utilises an electronic dictionary or online translation engine to translate words, sentences, or phrases.
The MyStyle Keypad function comfortably adjusts the key formation of the keypad according to whether the user is texting with one hand (right or left-handed) or with two hands, thus providing a more versatile and comfortable user experience.
With the inclusion of LG's highly popular QuickMemoTM, the Optimus L9 also lets users capture images, write memos, and share ideas by simply using their fingers to write a message on the screen. This is a perfect solution for those times when you can't seem to find a pen anywhere, or for when you want to have some fun and share captured images along with notes on the images with friends and family.
"The Optimus L9 is a great smartphone and will appeal to discerning and extremely style driven consumers that are after a well featured premium handset with Android software," said Lambro Skropidis, General Manager of Marketing, LG Australia. "LG will continue to offer differentiated value throughout our handset range and the Optimus L9 is a fantastic example of the great feature set and technology we can deliver in a compelling price package. Our impressive product line-up will see LG continue to advance its smartphone presence in the Australian market."
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Chipset: 1GHz Dual-Core
- Main Display: 4.7-inch IPS Display
- Memory: 1GB DDR2 (RAM) / 4GB e-MMC
- Camera: 8MP rear / VGA front
- Battery: 2,150mAh SiO+
- Size: 131.9 x 68.2 x 9.1mm / 125g
- Colours: Available in Black and White
- Others: DLNA, Quick Memo, QTranslator function, My Style Keyboard function
RRP*: $399 for an unlocked handset (outright purchase)
Retailers**: Initially at Allphones, Crazy John's, Dick Smith, and Dodo
* Post-paid plans will depend on carrier.
** Allphones will be ranging the White handset exclusively. The Black handset will be sold through other selected retailers.
Latest News Posts
- SUPERHOT gets detailed in a new gameplay video
- Xbox boss wants more first-party games, less third-party deals
- Star Wars: Battlefront's new Blast mode is 10v10 chaos
- Fallout 4 might take over 400 hours to complete
- SSDs aren't used for storage according to the CEO of Seagate
- I'm baaaaack
- B85-DGS Bios update
- Ant-Man (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 second pci-express problem
- Z77 motherboards missing Windows 10 drivers?
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth
- NVIDIA Recalls Select Shield Tablets over Fire Hazard
- Thermaltake Unveils the Core V51 Riing Edition Window Green PC Chassis