The LG Optimus L9 will continue LG's stylish L-Series line-up of smartphones with its Australian debut this week. Following the successful launches of the Optimus L2 Dual SIM, Optimus L3, Optimus L5, and Optimus L7 earlier this year, the Optimus L9 is set to continue the great success of the L-Series range.
Inheriting LG's premium L-Style design philosophy, the Optimus L9 has a 9.1mm thin body with a slimming metallic streak, and is shaped in a modern square format that provides a comfortable grip, making the most of its slim and stylish design.
The large 4.7-inch IPS (In-Plane Switching) display on the Optimus L9 delivers clear and true-to-life images with incredible detail for a heightened viewing experience. The high-density 2,150mAh battery powers the attractive handset, and users will experience innovative built- in features designed to make it delightfully easier and more functional to use.
The Optimus L9 was developed to be smarter, and with LG's differentiated User Experience (UX) features such as the QTranslator, the My Style Keypad function, and the increasingly popular QuickMemoTM, this is certainly the case.
The QTranslator function translates not only words, but also entire sentences and phrases with a simple scan from over 44 foreign languages. Using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology, it recognises letters upon scanning with the camera and utilises an electronic dictionary or online translation engine to translate words, sentences, or phrases.
The MyStyle Keypad function comfortably adjusts the key formation of the keypad according to whether the user is texting with one hand (right or left-handed) or with two hands, thus providing a more versatile and comfortable user experience.
With the inclusion of LG's highly popular QuickMemoTM, the Optimus L9 also lets users capture images, write memos, and share ideas by simply using their fingers to write a message on the screen. This is a perfect solution for those times when you can't seem to find a pen anywhere, or for when you want to have some fun and share captured images along with notes on the images with friends and family.
"The Optimus L9 is a great smartphone and will appeal to discerning and extremely style driven consumers that are after a well featured premium handset with Android software," said Lambro Skropidis, General Manager of Marketing, LG Australia. "LG will continue to offer differentiated value throughout our handset range and the Optimus L9 is a fantastic example of the great feature set and technology we can deliver in a compelling price package. Our impressive product line-up will see LG continue to advance its smartphone presence in the Australian market."
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Chipset: 1GHz Dual-Core
- Main Display: 4.7-inch IPS Display
- Memory: 1GB DDR2 (RAM) / 4GB e-MMC
- Camera: 8MP rear / VGA front
- Battery: 2,150mAh SiO+
- Size: 131.9 x 68.2 x 9.1mm / 125g
- Colours: Available in Black and White
- Others: DLNA, Quick Memo, QTranslator function, My Style Keyboard function
RRP*: $399 for an unlocked handset (outright purchase)
Retailers**: Initially at Allphones, Crazy John's, Dick Smith, and Dodo
* Post-paid plans will depend on carrier.
** Allphones will be ranging the White handset exclusively. The Black handset will be sold through other selected retailers.
Latest News Posts
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015