Toshiba Electronics Europe (TEE), Storage Products Division has today announced that the SlimFITT HDD is now available to buy from select distributors across the EMEA region. With 900 GB of capacity and a spindle speed of 10,500 RPM, the drive provides enterprises with a dependable, high speed drive for business critical data.
The SlimFITT model of the 2.5-inch (6.4 cm) SAS drive is mounted in a 3.5-inch frame making it ideal for blade and rack mount servers accustomed to larger form factor drives. Its small form factor has the added benefit of lower energy consumption, helping businesses to cut down on energy bills.
The SlimFITT drive offers a more stable and reliable enterprise drive. It provides a 50% increase in capacity on the previous generation. Not only this, but it delivers an enhanced performance with a 32% increase in sustained transfer rate. The new range of drives is also the first from Toshiba to utilise innovative technologies such as Dual-stage Head Positioning Actuator technology which improves head positioning accuracy by approximately 30% resulting in better overall stability and performance.
The new drives are designed to last 24/7 for at least five years with a MTTF (mean team between failures) of 2 million hours compared to only 1.6 million of its competitors. It can easily be implemented into the first tier of any tiered storage system, providing businesses quick access to important company data that needs to be readily available.
Martin Larsson, Vice President, Toshiba Electronics Europe, Storage Products Division, said: "Businesses worldwide are faced with a data deluge. In order to manage these huge amounts of data they need storage solutions that provide fast, reliable access to mission critical data. The AL13SE series perfectly balances performance and reliability and uses less power than the traditional 3.5-inch alternatives."
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design