Toshiba Electronics Europe (TEE), Storage Products Division has today announced that the SlimFITT HDD is now available to buy from select distributors across the EMEA region. With 900 GB of capacity and a spindle speed of 10,500 RPM, the drive provides enterprises with a dependable, high speed drive for business critical data.
The SlimFITT model of the 2.5-inch (6.4 cm) SAS drive is mounted in a 3.5-inch frame making it ideal for blade and rack mount servers accustomed to larger form factor drives. Its small form factor has the added benefit of lower energy consumption, helping businesses to cut down on energy bills.
The SlimFITT drive offers a more stable and reliable enterprise drive. It provides a 50% increase in capacity on the previous generation. Not only this, but it delivers an enhanced performance with a 32% increase in sustained transfer rate. The new range of drives is also the first from Toshiba to utilise innovative technologies such as Dual-stage Head Positioning Actuator technology which improves head positioning accuracy by approximately 30% resulting in better overall stability and performance.
The new drives are designed to last 24/7 for at least five years with a MTTF (mean team between failures) of 2 million hours compared to only 1.6 million of its competitors. It can easily be implemented into the first tier of any tiered storage system, providing businesses quick access to important company data that needs to be readily available.
Martin Larsson, Vice President, Toshiba Electronics Europe, Storage Products Division, said: "Businesses worldwide are faced with a data deluge. In order to manage these huge amounts of data they need storage solutions that provide fast, reliable access to mission critical data. The AL13SE series perfectly balances performance and reliability and uses less power than the traditional 3.5-inch alternatives."
Latest News Posts
- New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' trailer actually looks kinda fun
- Sony developing smart contact lenses with life recording
- Hitman patch lets DirectX 12 users play again
- Apple Music rumored to receive interface overhaul this summer
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience