Toshiba Electronics Europe (TEE), Storage Products Division has today announced that the SlimFITT HDD is now available to buy from select distributors across the EMEA region. With 900 GB of capacity and a spindle speed of 10,500 RPM, the drive provides enterprises with a dependable, high speed drive for business critical data.
The SlimFITT model of the 2.5-inch (6.4 cm) SAS drive is mounted in a 3.5-inch frame making it ideal for blade and rack mount servers accustomed to larger form factor drives. Its small form factor has the added benefit of lower energy consumption, helping businesses to cut down on energy bills.
The SlimFITT drive offers a more stable and reliable enterprise drive. It provides a 50% increase in capacity on the previous generation. Not only this, but it delivers an enhanced performance with a 32% increase in sustained transfer rate. The new range of drives is also the first from Toshiba to utilise innovative technologies such as Dual-stage Head Positioning Actuator technology which improves head positioning accuracy by approximately 30% resulting in better overall stability and performance.
The new drives are designed to last 24/7 for at least five years with a MTTF (mean team between failures) of 2 million hours compared to only 1.6 million of its competitors. It can easily be implemented into the first tier of any tiered storage system, providing businesses quick access to important company data that needs to be readily available.
Martin Larsson, Vice President, Toshiba Electronics Europe, Storage Products Division, said: "Businesses worldwide are faced with a data deluge. In order to manage these huge amounts of data they need storage solutions that provide fast, reliable access to mission critical data. The AL13SE series perfectly balances performance and reliability and uses less power than the traditional 3.5-inch alternatives."
Latest News Posts
- Black Friday, $500 off Eurocom laptop with Desktop i7 CPU and GTX 980
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- Google flooded with 'right to be forgotten', 1 million URLs so far
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader