be quiet!, market leader for PC power supplies in Germany for six straight years, is introducing PWM controlled models to complete their existing SilentWings 2 PC case fan lineup. New models will be released in 80, 92, 120 and 140 mm sizes and offer all the unique SilentWings features known from the existing product range such as best-in-class bearings and exchangeable mounting elements.
The SilentWings 2 fan from be quiet! has earned high praise from both professional product reviewers and consumers, making it clearly a market favorite. SilentWings 2 uses the most advanced bearing technology on the market called fluid dynamic bearing (FDB). The bearing essentially has the fan float on a cushion of fluid, resulting in extremely low noise levels because there is virtually no friction to create sound. When coupled with the unique aerodynamic fan blade design be quiet! is famous for, SilentWings 2 is virtually inaudible.
"We are really happy to announce this product is shipping now since we've had so many requests from the marketplace to add this functionality to SilentWings 2. We wanted to make it right, and ensure that the PWM models are true SilentWings 2 through and through." said Scott Richards, Global Brand Director at be quiet!.
PWM, short for pulse width modulation, is the preferred standard for those who want their PC case fans always to run at the best ratio between performance and quietness. There is no need for hardware fan controllers since the fan is automatically controlled by the computer BIOS. Silent Wings2 PWM also offers the popular and often copied detachable mounting elements for different scopes of usage. Even the very long expected lifespan of the original SilentWings 2 fans remains unchanged at 300,000 hours.
SilentWings 2 PWM will be available in December, including all major sizes, meaning 80, 92, 120 and 140 millimeter. The price starts at 19 Euro up to 23 Euro for the 140 mm version.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream
- Manli announces its GeForce GTX 1080 Founder's Edition video card
- ASUS announces the ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080