AMD today announced its collaboration with Ubisoft to support the highly anticipated next chapter in the "Far Cry" franchise, "Far Cry 3," launching today in North America. Developed in conjunction with the AMD Gaming Evolved program, "Far Cry 3" is fully optimized for a premium PC gaming experience, harnessing the power of AMD Radeon graphics including native support for AMD Eyefinity and AMD CrossFire technologies, enabling industry-leading multiscreen experiences and high-performance gaming. By working closely together, AMD and Ubisoft have enhanced the "Far Cry 3" experience, allowing gamers to become fully immersed in an epic struggle to survive in one of the most lawless and challenging PC gaming environments to date.
"AMD and Ubisoft have worked together to make 'Far Cry 3' a state-of-the-art gaming experience on the PC, the world's most powerful gaming platform," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit, AMD. "The AMD Gaming Evolved program aims to put gamers and developers first, and we're making sure we deliver on our promise. By working with industry-leading developers like Ubisoft, we're not only helping to develop cutting-edge titles, we're also advancing the state of PC graphics for gamers."
Gamers can jumpstart their "Far Cry 3" experience - and reap huge savings - by immediately taking advantage of the AMD Radeon Never Settle bundle. With the purchase of an AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition, HD 7800 Series or HD 7900 Series GPU, gamers not only benefit from the award-winning performance of the AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series, they also receive a free download code for "Far Cry 3." This holiday season, AMD is making sure gamers can have it all - the best performance and graphics experience on one of the best PC gaming titles.
"Ubisoft is committed to developing industry-leading games that offer non-stop action, gritty storylines and deeply immersive gaming experiences, and the latest addition to the highly acclaimed 'Far Cry' franchise continues that tradition," said Dan Hay, executive producer on "Far Cry 3." "Through this relationship, Ubisoft worked with AMD and its Gaming Evolved program to develop a game that takes full advantage of the outstanding next-generation technologies offered by AMD Radeon graphics, which enable an incredible PC gaming experience."
By leveraging native support for AMD Eyefinity technology, "Far Cry 3" helps enable gamers equipped with AMD Radeon graphics to immerse themselves in a gaming environment unlike any other. With AMD Eyefinity technology, a single graphics card can support up to six monitors simultaneously, empowering gamers with the ability to experience the lush, exquisite jungles of "Far Cry 3" in panoramic, ultra-high detail. Gamers can also enable AMD CrossFire technology to harness the power of two or more AMD Radeon GPUs working in parallel for dramatically improved gaming performance.
Through the power and performance of the Graphics Core Next architecture, "Far Cry 3" leverages ground-breaking DirectX 11 graphics features to ensure the most visually dynamic and smooth gaming experience. These features include:
- Direct3D 11 Deferred Rendering with Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing - Taking advantage of advanced Direct3D 11 features, "Far Cry 3" employs an optimized deferred renderer including tile-based light culling and fully supporting MSAA. The efficient integration of MSAA capability provides upgraded image quality over the post-process anti-aliasing techniques used by other deferred rendering engines;
- Ambient Global Illumination System - "Far Cry 3" features an advanced real-time global illumination system capable of computing indirect or reflected lighting, enabling more visually coherent and realistic world rendering. On the PC, this system supports global illumination from dynamic lights in addition to distant light sources such as the sun and the sky;
- DirectCompute Accelerated High Definition Ambient Occlusion - "Far Cry 3" implements a new and improved version of HDAO that uses full 3D camera space position data to detect valleys in the scene that should be shaded darker, and attenuates the lighting based on valley angle. In "Far Cry 3" this technique has been significantly improved in both performance and quality relative to previous implementations;
- Advanced Skin and Hair Shading Models -The "Far Cry 3" advanced physically-based shading model is combined with approximated sub-surface scattering and rim lighting to render soft, natural-looking skin. Hair shading in "Far Cry 3" also achieves its realism via a special anisotropic lighting model.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni