WD, a Western Digital company, and a world leader in external storage and solutions for today's connected life, announced today comprehensive support for new storage features in Windows 8 and an app for the new Windows user interface that makes it easy to discover, enjoy and backup digital media and files.
The WD app for Windows 8 automatically discovers digital content on connected WD direct attached storage solutions and showcases those photos, videos and music on a live tile on the Start screen. Within the app, customers can easily find and enjoy their digital content as well as share their media via email and social media sites with the Share charm. Windows 8 automatically installs the WD app for certified WD products or it can be downloaded from the Windows Store.
Additionally, WD products simplify the process of computer backup through support of the new File History feature within Windows 8. File History is a file backup application that makes it easy to schedule automatic backups to any hard drive attached to the computer or on the network, such as WD's My Passport and My Book Live products. This simplified process of performing automatic, periodical back up of personal files stored in Libraries, Desktop, Favorites, and Contacts folders ensures peace of mind that important files are backed up.
WD drives also fully support the new Windows 8 Storage Spaces feature, which allows customers to make multiple external hard drives appear as a single storage volume. Customers can use Storage Spaces in conjunction with File History to create redundant backups for enhanced security.
"From our cool new WD app for Windows 8 and our comprehensive products for easy Windows 8 backup, to our recent addition of SkyDrive cloud storage into our WD 2go mobile app, we are excited about delivering a seamless storage experience across the Windows 8 ecosystem to help customers easily protect and enjoy their precious digital content," states Scott Vouri, general manager for WD's connected life solutions group.
Availability and Pricing
The WD app for Windows 8 is currently available in the Windows Store. WD products included above are currently available at select U.S. retailers and online at wdstore.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- which has appears diagnosing to whom the people additionally energy y
- Owen stayed at true to her bit
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines