Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of NAND Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, and South Korean fabless semiconductor company Novachips Inc. announces a development project to make the dedicated Automotive Solid State Drive (SSD) based on Novachips SATA 6Gbps SSD controller, NVS3600.
Super Talent is a leading manufacturer and provider of Automotive SSD that currently delivers the SATA 3 6Gbps-based automotive SSD as the main storage device of the AVN system mounted on a luxury car. It is the world's first SSD mounted on the AVN system for regular cars.
The Automotive SSD market demand is expected to continue to grow, much as the SSD market has dramatically grown in last three years. This growth can be explained by the high IOPS of SSDs, which can guarantee the performance into the different paradigm of multimedia for automobiles. Physical reliability is also key factor of automotive SSDs. Super Talent has chosen the right industry to build product for as the annual market size for automotive SSD is expected to reach 25 million units by year 2017.
"Automotive SSDs are an integral part of the consumer experience when they are using their car, so we want to produce the best possible device. We are excited to partner with Novachips, Inc. because their controller helps us provide an excellent automotive SSD that is extremely reliable and delivers exceptional performance." -Shimon, VP of Engineering, Super Talent Technology.
Storage devices for cars must be designed to tolerate vibrations and shocks that constantly occur during the car's movement. Since the SSD has no moving parts, it is the optimal storage device for automotive AVN system. Super Talent's automotive SSD also has highly reliable SPOR (Sudden Power Off Recovery) which backs up data in the event of sudden power loss to the system. One of the major reasons that Super Talent chose Novachips as the partner for their automotive SSD is the reliability on SPOR test.
"We are very pleased to join hands with Super Talent in Automotive SSD Project. Automotive SSD is going to change the environment for Automotive AV System. NVS3600 series of Novachips are optimal solution not just for consumer SSD market but also for industrial sector as well." - Daniel Kim, CEO at Novachips, Inc.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now