Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of NAND Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, and South Korean fabless semiconductor company Novachips Inc. announces a development project to make the dedicated Automotive Solid State Drive (SSD) based on Novachips SATA 6Gbps SSD controller, NVS3600.
Super Talent is a leading manufacturer and provider of Automotive SSD that currently delivers the SATA 3 6Gbps-based automotive SSD as the main storage device of the AVN system mounted on a luxury car. It is the world's first SSD mounted on the AVN system for regular cars.
The Automotive SSD market demand is expected to continue to grow, much as the SSD market has dramatically grown in last three years. This growth can be explained by the high IOPS of SSDs, which can guarantee the performance into the different paradigm of multimedia for automobiles. Physical reliability is also key factor of automotive SSDs. Super Talent has chosen the right industry to build product for as the annual market size for automotive SSD is expected to reach 25 million units by year 2017.
"Automotive SSDs are an integral part of the consumer experience when they are using their car, so we want to produce the best possible device. We are excited to partner with Novachips, Inc. because their controller helps us provide an excellent automotive SSD that is extremely reliable and delivers exceptional performance." -Shimon, VP of Engineering, Super Talent Technology.
Storage devices for cars must be designed to tolerate vibrations and shocks that constantly occur during the car's movement. Since the SSD has no moving parts, it is the optimal storage device for automotive AVN system. Super Talent's automotive SSD also has highly reliable SPOR (Sudden Power Off Recovery) which backs up data in the event of sudden power loss to the system. One of the major reasons that Super Talent chose Novachips as the partner for their automotive SSD is the reliability on SPOR test.
"We are very pleased to join hands with Super Talent in Automotive SSD Project. Automotive SSD is going to change the environment for Automotive AV System. NVS3600 series of Novachips are optimal solution not just for consumer SSD market but also for industrial sector as well." - Daniel Kim, CEO at Novachips, Inc.
Latest News Posts
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- Overwatch Competitive Play mode launches on Xbox One
- Intel joins BMW and Mobileeye on autonomous car technology
- Make the game you want to play with School of Game Design
- Lost in Space is coming back, with a 10-episode Netflix reboot
- asrock pro3 issues
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card