AMD today announced a new global distribution agreement with Symmetry Electronics, a distribution leader in the embedded market which includes digital signage, industrial control, automotive, manufacturing and machine-to-machine technologies. Symmetry Electronics will immediately begin to promote, sell and support the full line of AMD embedded products including the newest family of AMD Embedded R-Series accelerated processing units (APUs).
This new development underscores AMD's commitment to expanding its presence and penetration in the embedded market, specifically around the need for high-performance, low-power graphics solutions.
"We are very pleased to be teaming up with Symmetry Electronics for the distribution of our full line of embedded solutions," said Arun Iyengar, AMD's vice president and general manager, Embedded Solutions. "Symmetry Electronics fully understands the performance benefits and unique features of AMD's embedded APUs and graphics processors. Both companies are committed to providing customers with products that are high-performance, consume low-power and support embedded life cycles, all while offering a comprehensive level of support to enable customers to quickly design and integrate differentiated products while reducing time-to-market."
"Our customers have a range of needs requiring a robust and differentiated product portfolio," said Gil Zaharoni, chief executive officer of Symmetry Electronics. "AMD has a long history of developing innovative technology. And the addition of its industry-leading embedded APUs and GPUs to our lineup strengthens our position and allows us to better meet the specific needs of our customers."
The AMD Embedded G-Series and R-Series accelerated processing unit have proven to be a game-changing technology. By combining the analytical and control functions in a CPU with the graphical computations done by a GPU into a single device, the APU eliminates bottlenecks created by the serial data bus that connects the two devices, and instead offers unmatched parallel processing with high-performance integrated graphics in a single chip.
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't have server browsers on PC
- We are looking for a professional YouTuber for video content
- Digitize Photos, Important Files, and More in 8 Seconds
- We are looking for a US-based news reporter, join our awesome team!
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015