AMD today announced a new global distribution agreement with Symmetry Electronics, a distribution leader in the embedded market which includes digital signage, industrial control, automotive, manufacturing and machine-to-machine technologies. Symmetry Electronics will immediately begin to promote, sell and support the full line of AMD embedded products including the newest family of AMD Embedded R-Series accelerated processing units (APUs).
This new development underscores AMD's commitment to expanding its presence and penetration in the embedded market, specifically around the need for high-performance, low-power graphics solutions.
"We are very pleased to be teaming up with Symmetry Electronics for the distribution of our full line of embedded solutions," said Arun Iyengar, AMD's vice president and general manager, Embedded Solutions. "Symmetry Electronics fully understands the performance benefits and unique features of AMD's embedded APUs and graphics processors. Both companies are committed to providing customers with products that are high-performance, consume low-power and support embedded life cycles, all while offering a comprehensive level of support to enable customers to quickly design and integrate differentiated products while reducing time-to-market."
"Our customers have a range of needs requiring a robust and differentiated product portfolio," said Gil Zaharoni, chief executive officer of Symmetry Electronics. "AMD has a long history of developing innovative technology. And the addition of its industry-leading embedded APUs and GPUs to our lineup strengthens our position and allows us to better meet the specific needs of our customers."
The AMD Embedded G-Series and R-Series accelerated processing unit have proven to be a game-changing technology. By combining the analytical and control functions in a CPU with the graphical computations done by a GPU into a single device, the APU eliminates bottlenecks created by the serial data bus that connects the two devices, and instead offers unmatched parallel processing with high-performance integrated graphics in a single chip.
Latest News Posts
- Black Friday, $500 off Eurocom laptop with Desktop i7 CPU and GTX 980
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- Google flooded with 'right to be forgotten', 1 million URLs so far
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader