MultiTouch Ltd has announced the launch of 42" and 55" MultiTaction Cell multitouch displays, fully integrated with Windows 8. The new MultiTaction Cell 42" (MT420W8) and 55" (MT550W8) with Embedded Windows 8 on Intel Core i7 are the first large-format displays available with a built-in touch user interface -and the first to support simultaneous use of unlimited touch with hands, the new Windows 8 native pen tracking and real life object interaction.
The addition of Windows 8 makes MultiTaction an even better proposition for clients seeking large integrated Windows 8 devices particularly suitable for use in public spaces. The new MultiTaction Cell displays allow clients to use applications from the Windows 8 store, with both 42" and 55" models running applications compatible across smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop PCs.
In addition, developers can use their preferred development platforms using industry standard interfaces such as TUIO and XML stream. MultiTouch's own Cornerstone SDK is also fully supported.
"We have long said that touch technology is the way of the future for consumers and businesses," explains Petri Martikainen, CEO of MultiTouch. "With Windows 8 operating across multiple devices we will see the number of interactive applications grow exponentially. Our products provide the most advanced set of touch, gesture and object recognition capabilities and our goal is to continue to be the leader in the touch display market by supporting the most cutting edge technology such as the Windows 8 platform."
With support for multiple simultaneous input methods and robustness in bright external lighting conditions, MT550W8 and MT420W8 are ideal for education, retail and corporate use.
Unique features for Windows 8 offered by MT550W8 and MT420W8:
- Unlimited number of concurrent users and touches
- Ultra fast 200+ fps Computer Vision Through Screen tracking
- Windows 8 native infrared pen support for simultaneous pen and touch interaction
- Windows 8 native finger-orientation information available to applications
- Enriched RealityTM: Using optical markers (tags) for interaction with physical objects - available using TUIO or XML interface or Cornerstone SDK
The MT550W8 and the MT420W8 are available for orders now from MultiTouch Ltd and all MultiTouch resellers. MultiTouch's MultiTaction series of interactive displays running Windows 8 will be on display and available for demonstration at the upcoming 2013 International CES event in Las Vegas, NV January 8-11, at MultiTouch booth number 14256.
Latest News Posts
- LG asks to "save the date" for April 28, G4 unveiling?
- Epic new 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer hits the web
- NVIDIA acquires Valve, announces Half-Life 3 release for 2016
- See the Grand Theft Auto 5 PC trailer with 60fps later this week
- US military wants dormant drones that can launch from ocean bottom
- EVGA X99 Micro (Intel X99) Micro-ATX Motherboard Review
- Extreme 6 for SLI and M.2?
- Z77X-UD3H Back USB Ports Not Working
- AMD's Future of Gaming: FreeSync, DirectX 12, LiquidVR, VR and more
- Asus n5 dh71 subwoofer problem
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi