OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today announced that on November 15, 2012, OCZ Technology (the "Company") received a letter from the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") indicating that they are conducting an investigation. As part of this notification, the Company also received a subpoena requesting certain documents and information generally related to its press releases on September 5, 2012 and October 10, 2012, and the financial reporting for customer incentive programs, among other matters.
Ralph Schmitt, president and chief executive officer, noted that, "Since we delayed the filing of our second quarter 10-Q, we had proactively contacted the Commission and have been expecting them to conduct an investigation. We intend to cooperate fully regarding this non-public, fact-finding inquiry and are also continuing with our own internal investigation as previously announced."
The SEC has informed the Company that this inquiry should not be construed as an indication that any violations of law have occurred or that the SEC has any negative opinion of any person, entity or security. The Company is unable to predict what action, if any, might be taken in the future by the SEC as a result of the matters that are the subject of the subpoena. The Company does not intend to comment further on this matter unless and until this matter is closed or further action is taken by the SEC which, in the Company's judgment, merits further comment or public disclosure.
Latest News Posts
- LG's G4 should cost around $800, a little more than the Galaxy S6 edge
- Lenovo's new K80 smartphone features 4GB of RAM, 4000mAh battery
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- 'Warcraft' movie set for a delay
- Cybersecurity market receiving strong boost from increasing VC funds
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- SilverStone Fortress SST-FT05B-W Full-Tower Chassis Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Error Code 10 and 15
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic 2100mAh Battery Pack Review
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X